Friday, May 1, 2009

Pause for the Soul

The house is quiet. It is night-time and dark. I had an unsettling feeling all day, and seemed to be pulled in many directions. Now it is time to pause. It is time to relax and nourish the soul. I am going to cuddle up in a warm bed with a nice book. Then I am going to read until I get so tired, that I fall asleep.

No matter what is going on around us in this life, we have to pause for the soul. We have to find refreshment and nourishment in spiritual things. . . . There is always going to be drama in our lives. People are always going to need us. And there are going to be problems. Yet, we have to just step away from it and rest, not just so we can survive it all........ but so we can face it again. . . . with joy. . . . and a peaceful soul.

goodnight,
Blessings
Mrs. White

2 comments:

~ Denise ~ said...

I like this post. Very accurate, and quite timely. I've had a busy day (week? Month?) and have felt pulled in many different directions. Thank you for the reminder that we all need to take those times to just step back, relax, and nourish ourselves from within.

Hugs,
Denise

Carolynn Stewart said...

Amen :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails