Thursday, May 21, 2009

TV Mothers

The last few nights, at the end of long days, I have sat cozily in my room and watched some DVD's. I've been watching early episodes of The Brady Bunch. I love that there are no commercials. Modern television is a nightmare (smiles)! DVD's are a great invention.

My three favorite TV Mothers are from the following programs: "The Donna Reed Show" ; "Little House on the Prairie" and "The Brady Bunch." What is interesting about the three of these programs is the tremendous glimpse you get into the history of housewives.

1. Mrs. Brady is home almost all the time and is always there for her children. She is neatly dressed and loving to her family. This is the way it should be in our homes today!

2. Donna Reed is always nicely dressed, has a cheerful disposition and is completely dedicated to her home and family. Again, this is the way it should be.

3. Mrs. Ingalls is an excellent wife and mother. You get the poorer, more religious perspective here and I love it.

There is no reason why we, today, cannot be as good, if not better, as housewives. Here is a little questionnaire:

1. Do you get dressed up each morning? (or: a. stay in your pajamas? or b. wear sweatpants?)

2. Do you enjoy cooking and cleaning?

3. Do you smile throughout the day?

4. Are you delighted when your husband and children come home?

5. Are you content at home?

6. Any other comments?

If you'd like to answer these questions, just copy and paste them into the comment section.

Blessings
Mrs. White
(Edited by Amy White, darling daughter) (smiles)

2 comments:

gloverteam said...

1. Do you get dressed up each morning? (or: a. stay in your pajamas? or b. wear sweatpants?)***I do get dressed each morning, however sometimes not a feminine as I would like. My challenge would be dressing as well for my family as I would as I go out. My tendency would be to pull on a "work" skirt or dress, then change if I company is coming or we scoot out for a bit.


2. Do you enjoy cooking and cleaning?***I enjoy it sometimes, but other times not so much!

3. Do you smile throughout the day?****God has really encouraged me to have a joyfull heart. Still a work in progress....

4. Are you delighted when your husband and children come home? ***There isnothing I like more then when all my children and my sweet husband is home.

5. Are you content at home? I am, but again, God has really grown me in this area.

6. Any other comments? There are not alot of modern day examples of a stay at home and loving it wife and mommy. It is important that we are that example for our growning daughters.

Mrs. B, a very peculiar person said...

1. Do you get dressed up each morning? (or: a. stay in your pajamas? or b. wear sweatpants?)
I get dressed in the morning in "work" clothes. These consist of older, worn clothes that I don't mind getting dirty while feeding animals, working in the garden or scrubbing the bathroom. Whenever I need to go out I clean up, if needed, and change into "town" clothes.

2. Do you enjoy cooking and cleaning?
I LOVE cooking and I cook 20 meals each week (we eat only two meals on Sunday, our Sabbath). I don't mind cleaning but, would be VERY happy if I was ever blessed with a "cleaning fairy". Now that my precious daughter is getting older she is turning into a tremendous blessing - not only around the house but also in the kitchen.

3. Do you smile throughout the day?
Yes. Since we homeschool our children, they usually give me many reasons to smile AND laugh out loud.

4. Are you delighted when your husband and children come home?
Yes, I am very delighted when my husband returns home from work. I didn't always look forward to him coming home, but the Lord has done some work on my heart in this area. I now realize how blessed I am everytime he returns home safe and sound from work. Our younger children spend their days with me being home educated, I would't have it any other way. Our older children live out of state and, therefore, it is very difficult to contain my excitement when they come home for visits.

5. Are you content at home?
I worked 2 full-time jobs outside our home for 17 years. I have yet to learn how to express the depth of contentedness I find in being a stay-at-home wife and mother. My life is a dream come true.

6. Any other comments?
I wish other women found the joy and contentment I find in the simple life of being a stay-at-home mom and wife. My two oldest children grew up with a "working" mom. Once I came home full-time, I realized how much of thier lives I had missed. As the children grew, so did a gap in our relationships. I stopped working outside the home and began home schooling when our middle child began jr. high school. He is now an adult and we are are very close. Fortunately, since coming home I've become much more relaxed and have a better understanding of our adult children. Our relationships with the adult children has blossomed and the gap we experienced during the high school years has closed and we are once again close. I certainly prefer the constant and steady closeness I've experienced with our middle child and the two youngest. That closeness is, I firmly believe, because I have been home full-time and home educated them.

Mrs.B

Related Posts with Thumbnails