Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Not Going Out

I bought a book, "Not Buying It" written by a Vermont Author. It was so interesting. It described one woman's goal to avoid spending money (other than on basic essentials) for an entire year.
So, what I would like to do is................ Can you guess?? .............. smiles........... How about if I don't go out for an entire WEEK other than for basic essentials?

Here is what I am going to do. Starting Monday, June 8, 2009, I am going to avoid any car trips other than the following:

1. Driving my 19 year old to work and back. (Why can't she do this herself? Because she is partially blind in one eye and cannot get a driver's license. - smiles). In this case, the rule is that I can only drive her to work and back. I cannot stop at the store or do anything else. (Her job is a 12 minute drive from our house.)

2. Friday's errands - food shopping, etc.

3. Church on Sunday.

4. Any emergency that comes up (such as the hospital or doctor).

I am picking next week because my 14 year old, Amy, doesn't have any dance or music classes and my 16 year old will no longer be working (so he can try to recover from his illness).

This is going to take a lot of planning. I will need to plan my menus, carefully food shop before Monday and make sure I have everything I need here at home. I will keep you posted with my plans. Let me know if you have any ideas to add or if you want to do this with me!

blessings
Mrs. White

3 comments:

Beth said...

LOVE this idea! Being at home is my favorite thing to do. I'm going to try doing this myself. :)

Mrs. White said...

Oh Good, Beth, glad you are going to do this too!
Blessings
Mrs. White

Michele said...

Excellent idea! Yeserday was the first time in over a year that the girls and I went out on a Friday. Normally we go to church Sunday as a family and on errands on Monday (sometimes Monday AND Tuesday if we have lots of any doctor appointments). These errands are done as a family as well because my husband is off these days. We were so tired yesterday when we got home and saw so many tired and cranky children (that ought to probably have been at home napping) on our quick trip to the library and grocery store that I vowed never again! Three days a week is our maximum for outings. Children really need time at home and so do their mothers :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails