Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Happy Home

We had a lovely day today. My oldest daughter, Rachel, came home to visit for the day. There are so many rooms in this house, and so many people, there is always plenty to do. My daughter is so grown up. She is a responsible adult and I am so proud of her.

Earlier, Nicole (20) and Matthew (16) were rough-housing on the front porch. This porch is right below my bedroom window. I was on the floor, cutting out an apron pattern, as happy as I could be. Then I heard this tiny, little, faint voice..... "Mom!" I got right up. I knew who it was.... It was my Nicole. ...My grown up girl..... I headed downstairs and onto the front porch. The children were play-fighting. I went out there and said, "I heard someone say Mom." Nicole smiled like a sweet little girl and looked triumphantly at her brother. She said, "Ha! Mom heard me!!"

I love that they still need me. I love being here at home and having my children around me.

Amy had been gone for most of the weekend, at a friend's house and I missed her dearly. I did not let myself call to check on her. She is 14 years old and at the home of a wonderful family. I was not worried about her at all. But I ached with missing her. After several hours, I finally called, just to hear her voice. Then I was okay again.

When my oldest, Rachel, got home tonight, she got right on the phone to call me. "Mom," she said. "I am safe at home." How precious. She is safe and wonderful and loved.

My 11 year old son, just brought me a late-night snack. It is a bowl of sherbet ice cream. He is getting ready to head off to bed. But he pauses in the doorway and says, "Mom?" I look at him and wait for him to go on. He says quietly and somberly "You are the best mother in the world."

My heart overflows with happiness.....

Blessings
Mrs. White

3 comments:

Deanna said...

What a sweet post!
You are blessed with these children.
Wonderful.
I love Orange Sherbet! Very refreshing.

God Bless,
~D~
HomeHavenMinistry
'cauz home is a haven ministry

Tricia said...

How precious. Isn't it the lovely end to a lovely day.

Carolynn Stewart said...

awwwwe how sweet! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails