Saturday, August 15, 2009

Keeping a Cheerful Spirit

The past few days have been very hard here. My older children are going through some tough times. When they are upset or hurt, of course it upsets me. I can really get down and depressed with sorrow or weeping if I am not careful. It is very important that I keep going in my daily tasks so I do not dwell on sorrow.

These bad moments never last long. Perhaps a few hours, maybe a few days, but never an unbearable amount of time. Well, here is what I am doing today to keep a cheerful spirit:

1. I am working on sewing projects.

2. I will pick up Nicole (20) from work this afternoon and offer to buy her an ice cream. (She is having a tough time).

3. I will spend part of the afternoon outside in the fresh air.

4. I will sit quietly, near the livingroom window and read a spiritually nourishing book. [I might even read a humorous book by Erma Bombeck if I find myself getting too sad!]

6. I will plan to make a special new recipe I am working on. (I will share it with you later if it comes out right!)

7. I will slowly and methodically tidy... and clean... and polish the livingroom and then sit comfortably in a chair with a hot cup of tea.

May there be peace..... and laughter..... and joy in all our homes.

Blessings
Mrs. White

1 comments:

FlowerLady said...

It sounds like you have a good plan for today.

May you feel God's love, peace and joy surrounding you.

FlowerLady

Related Posts with Thumbnails