Friday, September 25, 2009

Mother's Helpers

The children are often waiting on me. They do things around the house to take care of me. Last night, Matthew (16) made me a late supper - pancakes. He brought them to me in my room. Amy (14) had set up a program for me to watch on Television and I got to sit and eat my food while watching TV with Amy. It was 10:30 at night. I hadn't eaten all day. I just wasn't able to. So it was so nice to have this treat.

Often, John (12) will make me a cup of hot tea and bring it to me. Each day, Amy makes the lunch. The children are such incredible helpers. I am very grateful.

Well, right now John is helping Matthew clean his room. He is working hard. I needed a drink of juice. (smiles). I noticed he was busy, so I went into the kitchen and (gasp) helped myself. I saw John run by and I told him, "Hey, I am getting my own drink!" He smiled at me with pride and said, "Good job, Mom!!"

I sat down to rest. A few minutes later, Amy came in the room and brought me a cup of juice. She didn't know I had already gotten my own.

Blessings
Mrs. White

1 comments:

Deanna said...

Mrs White,
I always enjoy visiting your home via blogland.
You are a blessing to me.
Sweet Blessings to you as Autumn is approaching.
d

Related Posts with Thumbnails