Sunday, October 4, 2009

Getting a Focus

I had some hard moments yesterday. Just feeling a bit of despair. But I shook it off and got up and started peeling potatoes for supper. There is just something so comforting about making supper.

Amy (14) came into the kitchen and helped me work. She made some corn muffins and heated up some beans. We had a simple meal.

After we ate, I pulled out the Bible and read a couple of chapters to the children from Psalms. Psalm three was so sad. It was written during the time that King David had to "flee" from his son Absalom. This intrigued me and I went back over Scripture and studied. I read this to the children and then found the deep sadness David felt, later on, when his precious son was killed. It just broke my heart because this is what was said in II Samuel 18:33 "And the king was much moved, and went up to the chamber over the gate, and wept: and as he went, thus he said, O my son Absalom, my son, my son Absalom! would God I had died for thee, O Absalom, my son, my son!"

This just broke my heart. It reminded me that there is so much more to life than our own happiness. There is just so much going on around us. We really need to keep our focus and do God's work.

Blessings
Mrs. White

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails