Friday, November 13, 2009

Family Life at Home

Sunday Tea-Time




Buy at AllPosters.com



I have to make my shopping list today. I have a budget of $80 for the week, but won't spend that much today. (If I do, everyone will eat all the food in one day! - shudder). I'll just buy most of our things and then go back to the grocery store in a couple of days for the rest.

Last night, I bought 8 large Freshetta Brick Oven pizzas. They were on sale for $4.49 each, and each one had a coupon for $1 off. I was so happy. This is my favorite kind of frozen pizza. I think I will have one for lunch.....

I have on my apron and ankle weights (a housewife's uniform). I have been busy cleaning my kitchen and scrubbing the kitchen sink, while 12 year old John plays nearby. Everyone else in this house is just waking up. We all tend to stay up very late around here.

Matthew (16) and Nicole (20) were out late last night, visiting the neighbors. Matthew got home around midnight and then played video games with Amy (14) until one in the morning. I was up doing some writing. By 2 a.m. I started to get tired. But I heard the door open and saw Nicole sneaking in. (smiles) She looked over in my direction and was shocked to see me sitting in the living room chair. I just smiled at her, like it was the most normal thing in the world.... to see Mama sitting up at 2 in the morning.

She went to bed pretty quickly. By that time, the house was settled. Everyone was in bed and I was ready for some sleep.

This reminded me of Ruth Bell Graham. Her son Franklin used to stay out all hours. Ruth would always stay up and wait for him. He'd walk in the door and there she was reading her Bible. He kept saying, "Mom, you don't have to wait up for me. Please go to bed." But she couldn't.

So that boy knew, no matter how late he would get home, he would find his Mama just reading the Bible. Then she could smile and be content, knowing her family was home and safe.

It's just like that old Gospel song, "Hello Mama." He says, "Mama? You can sleep tonight. Because I've found Jesus and everything's okay."

Blessings
Mrs. White

2 comments:

busymomof10 said...

I'm sort of curious what time you get up in the mornings since you appear to be a night owl?? I like to go to bed early and get up early . . . but with young adults who like to stay out late, if I stay awake waiting on them, it is impossible for me to rise while it is still night the next morning. Do you just adjust your day later?

Mrs. White said...

I don't sleep much. I am often up around 5 or 6 am. But If I am very tired, I rest in the afternoons.

I try to get to bed early. Most of the time it doesn't work out! (smiles)

I think everyone is different and we all just have to do the best we can.

Blessings,
Mrs. White

Related Posts with Thumbnails