Monday, November 2, 2009

Older Daughters at Home

Brighton Manor




Buy at AllPosters.com




I have been listening to the song "Be thou my vision" from my playlist below (by "Joel") over and over again. It reminds me so much of the movie "Little Women" starring Susan Sarandon, and Winona Ryder. The peacefulness of home life in that movie is astounding. They live in a large old house in New England. All the grown daughters live at home. But they are productive.

One thing that keeps coming to me is when the mother says to her youngest, after they pulled her out of school, "Can you discipline yourself to learn at home as Beth has done?"

If there were no distractions for our children - no video games, no texting on cell phones, no television, would they be sitting quietly and studying and learning and being a blessing at home? I will venture to say they would be......

Blessings
Mrs. White

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails