Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What Daddy Gave me this week

Heavens Light








My Father gave me a couple of cassette tapes of sermons. These are of my Uncle Bobby (Daddy's brother). He was a precious, old-time minister, who died almost 15 years ago. When I was young, we would head down south to Alabama and hear him preach in the old church. I always cried and was so blessed by his messages. I am just delighted to have these sermons in my hand and I will listen to them with gratefulness and tears.

I had to buy a cassette player. I bought the kind with headphones so I can walk and clean while listening.

I also have a tape of the congregation singing. Have you ever heard this kind of singing? From dear precious souls in a rural church in the south? It is not a sophisticated, orchestrated choir..no... it is from people who have suffered in this life, but God has gotten them through it all. Their voices are the sweetest of all. What a blessing this will be to me!

May you have joy and peace and contentment in your homes today, dear Mothers.

Blessings
Mrs. White

2 comments:

mommyx12 said...

Very cool. That gift will certainly be a treasured one.

Deanna said...

Very Happy for you! Wonderful for you to have.
This is a glorious picture.
God Bless and may you have a pleasant Thanksgiving.
d

Related Posts with Thumbnails