Monday, December 14, 2009

Review Big Truths for Young Hearts

I admit it . . . I judged a book by its cover. Honestly, when I first looked at this book, I groaned. I didn’t want to read it. I thought it would be dry and boring. However, once I started reading, I was captivated from the very first sentence. To say this book is phenomenal is an understatement.

Let me just explain. Bruce A. Ware, the author, taught his two little girls all about God. He worked as a Professor of Christian theology in a Seminary and then came home each night to teach his precious daughters. These were his bedside talks with his children. The book is full of amazing explanations of our religious faith. He describes deep truths such as Sanctification, Trusting God, Our salvation, the Holy Spirit and so much more. I was literally comforted and reassured by his gentle and knowledgeable words. This man knows what he is talking about and knows how to teach it.

The book itself is designed for children ages 6 and up. I read this myself and found it perfect for adults as well. I plan to use this for a weekly study with my children. Imagine, if you will, a godly Pastor who has written a guidebook of lessons. You, as a parent, get to read these to your children. You get to teach and train and guide and comfort your little ones, using this excellent resource! The title of the book is perfect: “Big Truths for Young Hearts.” My only qualm is the cover. It needs a major overhaul.

*I received this book, for free, from the publisher for the purpose of sharing my opinion.*

0 comments: