Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Wintry Vermont

Silent Winter's Eve




Buy at AllPosters.com


It is bitterly cold outside today. I had to drive Nicole (20) to work in the late morning. The roads are slippery and the wind is blowing. But it is still very pretty outside!

I had a nice cup of hot chocolate. I am trying to come up with an idea for supper. I will have to go back out in a little bit and stop at the store.

The children have been reading and playing quietly all day. I am starting to feel better and getting my energy back.

Amy (14) has had to drop out of her dance classes (ballet, tap, etc). She is very disappointed. But we are doing everything we can to find a way to replace our lost income so she can get back to school.

This morning, I finished reading "These Happy Golden Years" by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I want to read the next book in the series and will start on it later. It is so peaceful and calming to read about her memories!

We are in the habit of doing our schoolwork in the afternoons, or early evenings. We will do this later, before the evening meal. It is pleasant to be at home.

Blessings
Mrs. White

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Most pleasant I agree. My hubby is out of town for over a week with 2 of our older girls and I am home with the 7 younger ones and I am hoping to not have to go anywhere. Too much snow and ice. Your hot chocolate sounds like a great idea. I'm going to have some right now!!

Our7isheaven said...

Sounds like a very peaceful day.
I have 5 children also and homeschooled for 5 years. 2 of my boys have dislexia and I had reached a point that I needed help. Our children now attend our Christian School.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'd love to have you stop in again. I also have a Devotional blog. It's not daily just when i believe God would have me post something. ServingGodthroughHisword.blogspot.com

Your family is very nice! My children are 17, 16, 14, almost 12, and 10.

Mrs Paula Seavey
7isheavenforus.blogspot.com