Friday, January 8, 2010

Fit Mommy Friday (Week 1)



The following is my check-in for the Fit Mommy Friday Meme. It is hosted by Denise. This is a way for many of us to encourage one another, to share our progress and to meet our own fitness goals. I am currently doing "Level Two." When you visit our blogs and read about our week, would you take a minute to share an encouraging comment?

Here's my week:

Monday,
Listened to classical music CD and did a 30 minute workout. It was something like fake, made up ballet(because I don't know ballet) and then target toning exercises, using ankle weights. I *annoyed* my back slightly from the warm up. It had to do with my posture being incorrect. (shudder) However, it was very calming and wonderful to listen to Beethoven while I did my stretches in a semi-darkened room, late at night.


Tuesday,
1. I walked in the snow, next door, in the cold, as briskly as I could.
2. I wore ankle weights while cleaning the house for 15 minutes.
3. Did target toning exercises at night, for 7 minutes, while watching a show.


Wednesday,
Nothing. . . I didn't do a single thing.

Thursday,
I planned to do a workout video at night, but I just couldn't get the time. Instead, I ended up watching a children's video with John (12) while doing 10 minutes of target toning exercises using my weights.

Friday,
1. I did a 25 minute workout in the morning. It was non-impact aerobics-type stuff, then target toning, then a cool down.

Nutritional Accomplishments: Had a protein shake with an apple each day.

Today I realized I am not as fit as I thought I was. I cannot seem to get to 30 minutes. I get tired. My goal is to build up my strength so I have endurance and energy.


How was your week? What are you fitness goals?

Blessings
Mrs. White

8 comments:

~ Denise ~ said...

As always, very open, honest and candid. LOVE IT! Don't worry about not making it through a full 30 minutes. You'll get there. :) Great job on the protein shake and apple each day. Hmm...I should try that. :)

Paula Rodriguez said...

I agree. Do not worry so much about making it through the entire video. Try and do a little more each day. I can barely get through 45 taebo and I know I am not doing it right... You have the right idea... you're moving and increasing your activity each day. Do what you can when you can.

Thank you for your kind comments to my blog post. You asked what a point was... In Weight Watchers 1 point equals 60 calories. Depending on your weight and how active you are, you are allowed a certain number of points per day --for me 21 points, plus 35 extra points for the week. For more info, feel free to visit Weightwatchers.com.

I really enjoy your blog. You live a splendit life.

Tristan said...

I nominated you for a blog award here:
http://ourbusyhomeschool.blogspot.com/2010/01/sunshinetwo-blog-awards.html

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs. White!
I see you are eating healthier :) I am so proud of you! I agree with your other comments on here, just do what you can and you will build up to doing more. I am seeing the nutritionist here, taking a nutrition class, and working out with a friend. We go to the daycare center here on base and one of their rooms is set up with bikes, elliptical machines, and treadmills. There are only about six machines and then half of the room is blocked off so the kids can play while mommy works out :) I did about an hour each morning on the treadmill.

-Sarah Lownsbery

The Crazy Mom said...

Oh, my, Denise is letting you get away with "fake ballet!?" (giggling here)

You have done so well! I am so proud of you! :) I have not done so well. I really need to sit down and have a meeting with myself about my goals. I need to write them down. I need to do SOMETHING in an organized manner! :)

Tomorrow is another day!

Debra said...

Oh, Mrs. White! You did great.

I figure whatever I manage to do is more than I was doing. Same for you. Way to go in doing something. :)

mommyx12 said...

Sharon, thanks so much for the book. It came the other day and I love it. My girls are enjoying it too. So happy to have it.

Annie Kate said...

Great job! You're doing wonderfully well and I'm impressed.

Annie Kate

Related Posts with Thumbnails