Friday, January 22, 2010

Fit Mommy (week 3) and A Spiritual Somberness



The following is my check-in for Fit Mommy Friday. It is hosted by Denise. This is a way for many of us to encourage one another, to share our progress and to meet our own fitness goals. I am currently doing "Level Two." When you visit our blogs and read about our week, would you take a minute to share an encouraging comment?
Here's my week:


Monday:
I took Nicole (20) into the city and dropped her off at her college dorm. We were gone all day. I did a lot of walking, but nothing specific. I remember thinking,on my way out of the college parking lot, that I needed to go back and give her one more hug.... but I didn't. I knew she was okay. I talked to her later that night on the phone and she was settled and happy.

Tuesday:
I did a 25 minute work out first thing in the morning. Just basic target toning with weights.

Later that night, Amy (15) and I did some quick grocery shopping. I was walking through the store as fast as I could. (I wanted to go home.) Amy was behind me pushing the carriage and telling me to stop "running." What an exaggeration!

Wednesday:

I did a 25 minute workout in the morning while everyone kept walking through the living room. I think they are getting used to seeing me do this. Frankly, I don't see how I will ever get any time to exercise unless I do it right in front of everyone, in the middle of our normal life.

I did a 14 minute target toning workout (using ankle weights) while watching The Waltons on DVD with the family. (They are all used to me laying on the floor with my weights, doing my exercises, instead of sitting with them.)

Thursday:
I did not feel like doing much of anything. I think it was a combination emotional and physical crash.... It was very hard. I just wanted to rest and just find some strength but couldn't seem to grasp it. It was very hard to deal with and it still has not entirely gone away.

Friday:
Woke up and was sad all morning. It is early afternoon now. I didn't do a workout until just a short time ago. I was listening to old southern gospel and almost in tears while I did target toning with light weights, for 15 minutes. I am tired. I am in a state of spiritual somberness and really craving more time of Bible devotions and quiet.

I plan to listen to a sermon (from sermonaudio.com) later and do another workout while listening to it.

Nutritional Accomplishment: Nothing.

I need to be fit and healthy, so I will not stop exercising. I will not stop trying. This has been a very hard week for me..... but I know it will get better.

I'd love to hear how you are doing with your fitness goals.

blessings
Mrs. White

8 comments:

TOSHeidi said...

Good post, Mrs. White. This wasn't my best week either, but I will continue to "keep on keeping on".

Anonymous said...

Mrs. White-
Everyone has their weeks. On the biggest loser show they talk about week two being the hardest. This week was week three for me going to the gym and with college finals I didn't get a chance to work out but two days. My eating wasn't great over the weekend on our little weekend getaway, but I am not going to beat myself up. Getting healthy takes time so even if this week isn't a great one rest up this weekend and get back at it on Monday. I can help you out with some nutrition stuff if you'd like :)

-Sarah Lownsbery

~ Denise ~ said...

Everyone's kind of had a rough time of it this week it seems. But I'm thrilled to hear that you're not giving up. Things will improve for you quickly, I'm sure. (((Hugs))) Hang in there! And I really do love how you write your daily accomplishments out like this. It's very organized! ;) (Of course...!)

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Andi said...

WOW! I need a nap from reading your list..LOL. My daughter always tells me to stop running, but it is just that....I want to go H.O.M.E. !

Annie Kate said...

You did so much in the beginning of the week, no wonder you were tired at the end! I hope you soon get your oomph back. :)

Blessings,

Annie Kate

Debra said...

Mrs. White -- you are doing great... and yeah, I think nearly everyone had an off week this week. LOL about running through the grocery store. My kids accuse me of that too. Also quite exaggerated.

Heather said...

I know you will do so well. You are getting into it:) I think it is very draining when the kids come & go and the dynamics in the house change. It seems to take a while to get adjusted...and then they come back to visit. lol. I hope next week is easier:)

Tracy said...

It's hard to not be discouraged by a bad week. Mine wasn't stellar either. We all have off days and weeks. Hop back on the horse and keep riding! You are doing a great job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails