Friday, January 15, 2010

Fit Mommy Week Two



The following is my check-in for Fit Mommy Friday. It is hosted by Denise. This is a way for many of us to encourage one another, to share our progress and to meet our own fitness goals. I am currently doing "Level Two." When you visit our blogs and read about our week, would you take a minute to share an encouraging comment?
Here's my week:
Monday,
I was packing and getting ready to go away for the night. So I didn't get to work-out until evening. I did 10 minutes of target toning, using weights, while watching a show with the family. Then I left with the two girls. When I got into the city, I was delighted that I was able to carry my own luggage! (smiles)
Tuesday,
I spent most of the day at a college campus, walking everywhere. Got home very late at night and went to bed.
Wednesday,
I got up early in the morning and did a 25 minute work-out. This included a warm up, non-impact light aerobics, then target toning with weights and a cool down. Then I immediately cleaned my kitchen for 10 minutes.
I was up very late, and couldn't get to sleep (teenagers...need I say more?).... So around quarter of one in the morning, I did a 20 minute work- out, using light weights. I am getting my energy back!! I loved the workout.
Thursday,
I had to get over the idea of only working out when no-one was around. I don’t like being locked up in a room with a workout video (all alone) just so I don’t have an audience. I want to be with my family. So I am exercising in my living room and it’s okay if someone actually (gasp) sees me. (smiles) This is serious, because this problem is what has stopped me for such a long time. If Mr. White wants to walk by and mimic my movements with a smile, so be it. If Nicole (20) is sitting at the table drinking coffee while I am on the floor working my abs. Well, good for her. (smiles) As a side note, Nicole actually commented later about how she wished she was exercising too!
Today, I incorporated my workouts into everyday life. I wore ankle weights for an hour while cleaning my house. [I actually forgot I had them on. I even sat down for tea before I realized I had to take them off.]

Friday,
It is cold in our house. Our wood stove needs to be repaired so there is a chill in the air. I put on my black, fingerless, crocheted gloves and did a 25 minute work- out. This included a warm up, target toning with weights, and a cool down. Still have plenty of energy. Frankly, I cannot believe I wrote that I was chronically ill just a few weeks ago! There is such a difference in my endurance, energy and overall well-being. I am so grateful for this program! (Hugs to Denise!)

Nutritional Accomplishments: Had a protein shake with an apple each day. Mid-week, I was craving nourishing food. So I started having some raw carrot sticks every day. I seriously cut down on my M & M candy habit. It wasn't that I "tried" to cut back; I just didn't seem to want to eat as many. I even served some fresh veggies with dinner last night- carrots, celery and broccoli.
How was your week?
Blessings,
Mrs. White

13 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like you are doing great! And, I think it's goof for the kids to see us taking care of ourselves:) Blessings & have a wonderful weekend

~ Denise ~ said...

I love it!!! Your conversation with Matthew was priceless. In fact, it's very much like what Dean would say to the children. "What up, G?" "Why you gotta play me like that, Dog?" :) Tooooo funny!

As you know, I'm very much a "loner" when it comes to my workouts. I might just have to follow your example and do more with my family around. (Yikes...)

Congratulations on an excellent week. I'm so glad you're feeling better!

Michelle said...

Great job! You did great getting fresh vegetables. Funny how that seemed to take the edge off the M & M craving.

Deanna said...

Hey Mrs. White!
Week was a busy one. Waiting for the week-end so I can slow down a bit.
God speed,
d

Heidi said...

Wonderful! I, too, loved the conversation with your son.

I love how you tried to incorporate your goals into your daily routine. I'm still locking myself in a room and growling at anyone that comes near, but maybe I'll try some of your ideas.

Devildogwife said...

Sounds like you had a great week. I'm thrilled to see you feeling better. :)

The conversation with Matthew cracked me up. :)

Mrs. White said...

It is so nice to hear your comments! Thank you for the encouragement!

Tracy said...

You did have a busy week, and I also love how you incorporated your workout into your regular day. I think I'll ask for ankle weights for my birthday.

I used to be self conscious about others seeing me workout, but it doesn't bother me anymore at all.

Keep up the great work!

Annie Kate said...

How great that you now feel comfortable exercising around your family! I think that's a huge step.

Blessings,

Annie Kate

Anonymous said...

Mrs. White I must admit that your conversation with your son was hilarious! Without giving away my age (I'll just say I am only about five years older than your oldest) I use to talk like that not to long ago jokingly with my friends. As for Marshal Mathers, he is from Michigan just like me :) However, that is not my type of music.

-Sarah

Kimberly Kovach said...

Just wanted you to know that I read you frequently even if I don't comment or "follow" you. Your fitness week sounded great and I especially laughed about your fancy footwork in your son's room. Too funny.

Debra said...

Oh, you are doing great!!

I need to figure out a workout I can do with my kids around and not totally lose my train of thought. I don't mind it when the older ones are present. They've learned not to walk in front of me when I'm kicking, or behind me when I'm lunging... or to talk to me at all if they don't want me to scream at them. But the little two, uff-dah.

Anyway, way to go. :)

Miss Jocelyn Tzahala said...

I hope this is all continuing to go well for you! Just wanted to stop by and say hello. :)

Shalom!

Related Posts with Thumbnails