Friday, January 29, 2010

Sweet Morning Devotions

Tree and Road at Sunrise, Cades Cove, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennessee








I have been diligent in my Bible studies each day, but have felt it wasn't enough. I do the evening Family Altar and then The Prentiss study before bed. But that left mornings without any holy thoughts to ponder.

This morning I pulled a book off my bookshelf and could not believe I had forgotten all about it. This treasure is called, "Morning Exercises," by William Jay (1769-1853) Each entry has a date, so I can pick it up any time and read whatever portion is for that particular day. Today I will read from January 29th.

Did you know that Charles Spurgeon said this of Jay:

"O for more Jays. We would gladly give some two or three dozen of the general run of doctors of divinity for one such a Master in Israel as William Jay of Bath."

I am just delighted to have found it. Such a blessing!

I will delight in my morning worship and see what spiritual fruit comes of it!

I hope you have a precious day and a heart full of joy!

Blessings
Mrs. White

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails