Thursday, February 11, 2010

Beehive Reader


TOS Crew Review

Product: 160 page book, Beehive Reader 1

Publisher: All About Spelling

Price: $19.95


*I received this product from this company (for free), for the purpose of sharing my opinion.*

This is a high quality, hardcover book. It is full of cute black and white pencil drawings.

There are 10 super short stories, using easy sentences, such as:

"The cub is glad to nap."

"At six on the dot."

"This duck is quick."

Most of the stories were sweet and appealing. I did, however, find a few that I didn't particularly like. There are some fairy tale type stories in here. They are just unrealistic like a little boy drinking something that made him small, or cats with wings. Personally, I don't want my children reading things like that. The rest of the stories were super cute and enjoyable.

The book is designed to go with Level One of All About Spelling. It can also be used independently of their curriculum. It is a nice addition to their program.





To find out more about my reviews, please visit "Introduction to our Homeschool Parlor"

0 comments: