Friday, February 12, 2010

Fit Mommy (week 6) and Elegance



The following is my check-in for Fit Mommy Friday. It is hosted by Denise. This is a way for many of us to encourage one another, to share our progress and to meet our own fitness goals. I am currently doing "Level Two." When you visit our blogs and read about our week, would you take a minute to share an encouraging comment?

Here's my week:

Monday,
I did not exercise. This tends to be my rest day.

Tuesday,
40 minute workout in the morning.
This was a very busy day. I have been doing taxes all week. (I am a Certified Tax Professional and work from home. It is wonderful and I enjoy it very much.)

Wednesday,
I intended to work out, but by evening it didn't seem to be happening. Normally, I do my housework while wearing ankle weights but decided to wear my heels instead. I want to explain that it is normal for me to wear heels, even while cleaning. I wear them most of the year, except in winter because of the snow. However, I noticed I can wear heels as long as there is a nice cleared path of only one-inch on the ground. So I had a delightful day in my heels.

Around supper-time, Amy (15) decided to have contests with me. She wanted me to do somersaults and push ups. So I spent about 15 minutes in contests with her. (smiles). It was fun. But I had to take off my heels in order to participate.

Thursday,
Did a 30 minute workout. This was light aerobics type stuff, then used weights. I was not interested at all and couldn't wait for it to be over. I just had other things I wanted to do. (smiles) The previous night, I was up until 3 or 4 a.m. talking to Matthew (17) who was having some problems. I got 3 hours of sleep. So can you blame me for not wanting to do anything? (smiles)

Later, in the early afternoon, Amy and I did push ups. She did 20 and I did 10. I am happy with that. (smiles). My friends, Denise and Michelle, joined in on this push up competition. They both did far better than I did. (They did theirs on Wednesday when I "announced" it, but I didn't get to it until Thursday. I think this will be a fun feature of Fit Mommy to do a surprise competition in the middle of the week.)

Next, Amy wanted to see who could do more "crunches." (sit-up type ab work). We both did 100 and then we had to get some work done around the house.


Friday,
I have a lot on my mind and am trying to wind everything down to enjoy the quietness of the Sabbath and weekend. I put on Canon in D, (lovely classical music), put on my heels, apron and vintage-style black necklace. I "swept" my hair up into a French twist, with some natural curls hanging down the side, and stood up straight and tall. I then proceeded to "elegantly" clean my house.

I also did 10 lovely push ups and plan to do a light work out this evening while listening to a sermon.

Nutritional Accomplishment: If the stock market price has gone down in the last two weeks for the Mars Corp. and also Dr. Pepper-Snapple Group, please accept my apologies. I have not been buying Dr. Pepper or M & M candy.

Note: Normally, I take notes throughout the week so I can remember exactly what I did for this check-in. This week I forgot. So I had to research using my Private Facebook page, this blog and the calendar. It took some effort, but I was able to re-create my events of the week.

How was your week?

blessings,
Mrs. White

8 comments:

Debra said...

Great job!! Way to go!! Whooo-hoooo!! :)

Mountain Dew stock should be plunging too, as it's been a long time since I've purchased any. Fit Mommy has definitely been a part of that. That and finances...

homeschool101 said...

Lol, Sounds great. Good job to you. I dont drink much pop, when I do buy it, its usually for dh. Water, Juices and or caffine free Tea here. Its a dull life, Huh. Lol. I used to drink Dr P but I started becoming to addicted to it, so much that I could drink gallons a day. When I weaned my self off it I suffered bad migrains and caffine withdraws so I dont normally drink much with caffine. :)
Have a great weekend!

~ Denise ~ said...

Love how you do everything in heels. I don't wear shoes at all in the house but I often wear heels when I go places--church, to a ballet, or just "out" in general.

I liked the push-up competition earlier in the week. Of course, I'm still dreadfully sore from it thankyouverymuch...heehee!

Great week!

Tracy said...

Walking in heels would be a workout for me. I'm impressed that you can clean your house in them! I think that earns you extra workout points! :)

Great week!

Michelle said...

I am also impressed that you have not only given up M & M's and Dr. Pepper, but you wear heels to clean your house! I have to confess that I almost never wear heels. First, I have a hard time finding shoes which fit me. And, second, my mother has had several foot surgeries and for her wearing heels contributed to her problems. So, I usually wear boring athletic shoes.

Annie Kate said...

You sound like my Dutch friends. LOL They wear heels in the house, too, and also while biking around town or to work.

It sounds as though you had a great fitness week. Wishing you a peaceful weekend.

Annie Kate

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs. White!
I did my usual hour of cardio every morning with my friend Aleisha. The daycare center here has a place for mom's to work out on treamills, bikes, and such while the kids play in a little area of the roomm that is blocked off by half walls. This friday I didn't get to go because all of my children were sick. I seem to be coming down with it now too, so I will try and rest tomorrow and get back to it on Monday!

Homeschool101 it is so funny to hear the word pop associated with soda. I only say this because I was raised in Michigan where we also call it pop and we moved on a military assignment to Georgia where everyone called it soda, so now that is what I call it. Thanks for taking me back :)

-Sarah Lownsbery

Heidi said...

It sounds like you had a great week!

I would injure myself trying to clean in heels!

Related Posts with Thumbnails