Friday, February 26, 2010

Fit Mommy Week 8 (and moving up)



The following is my check-in for Fit Mommy Friday. It is hosted by Denise. This is a way for many of us to encourage one another, to share our progress and to meet our own fitness goals. I am currently doing "Level Two." When you visit our blogs and read about our week, would you take a minute to share an encouraging comment?

Here's my week:

Sunday,
45 minute work out, early in the morning, while listening to gospel music. This workout included: An alternate mix of non-impact aerobics, target toning exercises using light weights, and the usual warm up and cool down. (I am up to 11 push -ups now!! smiles)

Usually I am watching the clock wondering when this will be over. But today, I looked and realized I only had 10 minutes left and had to get those last exercises finished so I could do the cool down before time ran out. This is a huge improvement for me!

I am all finished and ready for the day before the church bells ring at 9 AM.

In the evening: 100 crunches (including obliques) and 11 push-ups.


Monday,

45 minute workout, early in the morning, while listening to gospel music.

In the evening: 100 crunches and 11 push-ups.

Tuesday,
45 minute workout, early in the morning, while listening to gospel music.
(It takes one entire playing of my playlist-below- to do a 45 minute work out.)

Note - when one works out this much every single day, one doesn't need any make up.There is excellent blood circulation and one looks like one has a healthy Tan and spends all their time in Florida. (smiles) Or, I should say, one looks like a Fit Mommy!

In the evening: 100 crunches and 11 push-ups.



Wednesday,

6:30 AM -45 minute work out, while listening to gospel music.

Late afternoon: 12 push-ups and 100 crunches (just for fun).

Evening: 100 crunches and 12 push-ups. (Did you notice I am up to 12 push-ups now?)


Thursday,

6:30 AM - 45 minute workout, while listening to gospel music.

We had company and I ate a lot of junk. Brownies, cheetos, (I'll spare you the rest.) I will go to the store tomorrow to buy rice cakes. It's not that I am trying to lose weight, but eating junk food is a bad idea!

I did not do my evening push-ups or crunches. I blame this on eating too much junk which made me lazy.

Friday,

(I overslept....Mr. White looked at the clock and asked me what time I was supposed to exercise. I seriously thought about skipping it because I had been sound asleep when he woke me. But once he started telling me all his work stories, I was suddenly wide awake and ready to go!)

7:00 AM - 45 minute workout, while listening to gospel music.
Today I realized that when - It is Well With My Soul - begins on my playlist (at the bottom of this page), it is time for my cool-down.


Nutritional Accomplishment: Normally, I don't eat breakfast. But since I've been exercising so much I actually have an appetite! So I eat a small bowl of Kashi cereal. This is 1/2 a serving. (I can't eat an entire serving of anything. If I eat a whole bag of cookies, it would take me all day.) I put spring water in my cereal. (Please don't try this at home! - smiles) I do not care for milk.

Nutritional Failure: On Thursday I made brownies, and then I ate them. (smiles) See Thursday for the rest of the horror story.

Enlightening tip (which I noticed this week): When you workout a lot, and are sweating, all the built-up toxins are released from the body. This gets rid of sluggishness and unexplained tiredness.


Here is my major announcement... ready?.... I am now officially on Level Three!!!


How was your week?

Blessings,
Mrs. White

Compare this with my first Fit Mommy Week.

Just a week before I started this program, I wrote about Chronically - ill mothers. I was one of them! I am amazed at the progress of my health over the past 8 weeks!

Just for fun, would you like to read about the Country Store our family used to own, here in rural Vermont?

5 comments:

Jodi @ The Homeschool Desk said...

Sounds like you had a good week! I need to join this meme. I've gotta get the pounds off by summer, that's for sure. I would feel so much better too. I love Kashi cereal, all of their stuff is so yummy. Keep up the great work!

Heidi said...

You go, Mrs. White! You did great! Crunches for fun? Words of a true Fit Mommy!

Annie Kate said...

Woohoo! That is just awesome! I'm so impressed with you!

Annie Kate

Tracy said...

100 crunches?!! Wowee! I am very impressed! Great job on moving up to level 3 and on making it to 12 pushups. Way to go, Mrs. White!

~ Denise ~ said...

Two words: You..ROCK!! That's so excellent, my friend. Keep up the great work! I'm so impressed! (High fives)

Related Posts with Thumbnails