Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Girls are Coming Home

The Rose Arbor








Late this afternoon, my girls are coming home. Nicole (20) is on break from college, and Rachel (22) is bringing her home for the night. I can't wait to see them both. Nicole has been spending her break in the city, staying with her big sister. They are having a lovely time.

I was thinking about when they were little. Anytime I walked into the room, they always had mischievous smiles on their innocent faces. They were always giggling together and the best of friends.

Today, I have to get our downstairs room all ready for them to stay the night. They will sleep in our playroom. It is an enormous room and looks like a living room. They will be comfortable and happy there.

Last night, I did some grocery shopping. I want to make sure there is plenty of food for my girls and plenty of treats. I bought apple pie, two kinds of ice cream, chips, cheese crackers and donuts. We will also have a nice supper together this evening. I will make Fettuccine Alfredo with chicken, salad and French bread.

Rachel is bringing her Fiance. He is a friendly, outgoing, funny, young man and I am sure he will entertain us for hours.

It will be a pleasant time here at the White House.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Blessings,
Mrs. White

Would you like to read about our Adventure in January when we registered Nicole for College?

You can also read my post about remembering suppertime. I believe this is the best part of our day!

2 comments:

TOSHeidi said...

Enjoy your time with them! My oldest is 16 and I know the time is not far off when I'll be making similar posts to this one.

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

I look forward to reading about your delightful evening together.

Related Posts with Thumbnails