Friday, March 12, 2010

Fit Mommy (Week 10)



The following is my check-in for Fit Mommy Friday. It is hosted by Denise. This is a way for many of us to encourage one another, to share our progress and to meet our own fitness goals. I am currently doing "Level Three." (It took me 8 weeks to get to this level.) When you visit our blogs and read about our week, would you take a minute to share an encouraging comment?

Here's my week:


First I have to say that I had a bad week. I made the mistake of adding a 7th day workout. I thought that as long as exercising everyday was giving me so much energy, why not do it everyday? That backfired and I didn't get a rest. The other problem was that I did heavy spring cleaning almost every day. I cannot keep up with both a workout and heavy housework. In the future, I will consider heavy cleaning a workout.


Saturday,

6:30 AM - 45 minute workout, while listening to gospel music. This workout included: An alternate mix of non-impact aerobics, target toning exercises using light weights, and the usual warm up and cool down.


Sunday,

Early in the morning, I put on my ankle weights and did some heavy housework for an hour (with a couple of breaks). More heavy cleaning late at night.

Monday,
6:30 AM - 45 minute workout, while listening to gospel music. I was very tired and barely made it through. (You will see my reason in the nutritional failure notice below.)


Tuesday,

6:30 AM - 45 minute workout, while listening to gospel music. I was dragging myself through this. I almost quit three times. I was too tired.


Wednesday,

Very late start: 8:30 AM - 30 minute workout.


Thursday,
I took the day off. (Yeah for me! -smiles)


Friday,

I plan to do my 45 minute workout later. I am determined to do it. I am feeling much better after yesterday's rest.

Nutritional Failure: On Saturday, my husband brought home an entire bag of white chocolate-fudge- chips ahoy cookies for me. From Sunday, through Monday, I ate 3 of these each morning for breakfast. (Gasp!). I also started drinking Pepsi and had quite a bit during the week. This caused me to be overly exhausted and sluggish.

Next week's major goal
- I will stop drinking Pepsi (shudder).

How was your week?

Blessings,
Mrs. White

Compare this with my first Fit Mommy Week.

Read about our peaceful day at home, in A Winter Blizzard.

Coming soon - I will be sharing my special pizza dough recipe!


Now Relax and listen to this very special song by Celine Dion, "A Mother's Prayer."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs. White!
Lets get back on the healthy eating wagon together! I have been running for about 40 minutes every morning and I feel great! However, the soda I am drinking during the day is zapping my energy. Next week will be a great week!

Sarah L.

Mrs. White said...

Sarah, that sounds great! I'll start right after I finish this glass of Pepsi!

Blessings
Mrs. White

Michelle said...

Mrs. White, I definitely think you should consider heavy housecleaning as exercise. You did great, and you deserved that break on Thursday!

But, you should probably skip that Pepsi and chocolate chip cookies. At least skip the Pepsi. One cookie once in a while probably won't hurt. At least, that is the motto I live by! ;)

Annie Kate said...

Heavy housework IS serious exercise! :)

It's funny that the 7th day of exercise was just too much. I suppose that's one of the reasons for the commandment about resting on the Sabbath day. God knows our bodies better than we do.

I would LOVE to have white chocolate cookies for breakfast. Yum! I hope you enjoyed them!

Blessings,

Annie Kate

Heidi said...

Cookies for breakfast? A woman after my own heart! You really did have a great week in the big picture of things. And, yes, housecleaning IS exercise!

Tracy said...

Deep cleaning is definitely a workout. No wonder you were tired! I can't comment about cookies for breakfast because I'd certainly eat them if they were in my house. :) You are doing such a great job!! It's always encouraging to read what you've accomplished each week.

Related Posts with Thumbnails