Saturday, March 20, 2010

Fit Mommy (Week 11)



The following is my check-in for Fit Mommy Friday. It is hosted by Denise. This is a way for many of us to encourage one another, to share our progress and to meet our own fitness goals. I am currently doing "Level Three." (It took me 8 weeks to get to this level.) When you visit our blogs and read about our week, would you take a minute to share an encouraging comment?

Here's my week:


Sunday
,
6:30 AM - 45 minute workout, while listening to gospel music. This workout included: An alternate mix of non-impact aerobics, target toning exercises using light weights, and the usual warm up and cool down.

Slept the rest of the day. Had an illness. Took some apple cider vinegar with lunch.

Monday,
Did not exercise. But cleaned slowly throughout the day and took plenty of breaks.
Had two doses of apple cider vinegar during the day.


Tuesday,
7:30 AM - 45 minute workout.

Wednesday,
8 AM- only managed a 30 minute workout.


Thursday,
Did not workout. (overslept) Bought an alarm clock.


Friday, (This time change is killing me)
7 AM - 45 minute workout while listening to gospel music.


Nutritional Failure: Must we discuss this? (smiles).... I ate junk food all week- long. This is exactly why I cannot get my energy back.

Compare this with my first Fit Mommy Week.


Let's cheer up and talk about something else...
Read about my day of Precious Homemaking.
Blessings,
Mrs. White

3 comments:

joyce said...

Well, at least you got in some exercise, even if you did not eat the right foods. Good for you!

You talk about housekeeping so much. I'm curious - would you mind sharing with us the products you use for cleaning?

I have recently started using a mixture of white vinegar and water in a spray bottle for my kitchen. I use it on counters and appliances.

I dust wood furniture with a barely damp microfiber cloth. I clean the bathrooms with Fabuloso (lavender fragrance) and use generic disinfecting wipes for touch ups. I use a Zep product on my laminate floors and damp mop the bathroom ceramic tile with Fabuloso. I just bought a Swiffer wet mop with pre-moistened pads.

What do you use? Do you use "green" products, or your own recipes for cleaning products? Why don't you post about it? We could all share our tips.

Wendy Hilton said...

Oh Mrs. White--you even make your "failures" sound interesting and funny!

I would love to hear what you use to clean too. I like to use "green" products or my own homemade cleaners whenever I can. I use a lot of vinegar and I often use essential oils mixed in water for disinfecting. I recently learned about using peroxide for cleaning stains in the shower, so I am going to try that too. I like to use lemon juice and baking soda for stains on the kitchen counters too. It works very well. If your kitchen drain ever smells yucky, you can also use the baking soda (poured down the drain as best you can) followed by a good "glub" of lemon juice or vinegar--then let it sit for a while without running water in the sink--to freshen it up. It works great!

Wendy

Mrs. White said...

Great ideas ladies!! I am really not a good one when it comes to advice for cleaning products. But I will say this, after spending much of my teen years as a maid (housecleaner), I don't like the smell of cleaning products of any kind. Neither do I like to spend money on them.
So I just use the simplest possible thing - A sink of hot soapy water and a rag. (Using dish liquid). I use this on pretty much everything! I also buy window cleaner from the dollar store and water it down, using it for things like mirrors, etc.

How's that for boring? (smiles)

Blessings,
Mrs. White

Related Posts with Thumbnails