Friday, March 5, 2010

Fit Mommy (Week 9)



The following is my check-in for Fit Mommy Friday. It is hosted by Denise. This is a way for many of us to encourage one another, to share our progress and to meet our own fitness goals. I am currently doing "Level Three." (It took me 8 weeks to get to this level.) When you visit our blogs and read about our week, would you take a minute to share an encouraging comment?

Here's my week:

Sunday,
6:30 AM - 45 minute workout, while listening to gospel music. This workout included: An alternate mix of non-impact aerobics, target toning exercises using light weights, and the usual warm up and cool down.



Monday,

[I was gone most of the day and night on Sunday, and didn't want to waste any valuable time today, so I combined cleaning with exercising.]

7:00 AM - 60 minutes of heavy housework while wearing ankle weights. I took a break after 30 minutes - to watch one episode of I Love Lucy with my family. Then went back to work for 30 minutes.

Early afternoon - Did 60 crunches and 5 push-ups (on toes).

Evening - 100 crunches and 2 push-ups.


Tuesday,
6:30 AM - 45 minute workout, while listening to gospel music.


Wednesday,
6:30 AM - 45 minute workout in silence.
Went out shopping for most of the day.


Thursday,
6:30 AM - 45 minute workout while listening to gospel music.

Evening: 100 crunches and 12 push ups.


Friday,
6:30 AM - 45 minute workout while listening to gospel music.
During the beginning of this, Amy (15) came in the room (why was she even awake that early?), and said she wanted to do crunches with me. I told her she'd have to wait until the afternoon session when I did them again. She shrugged her shoulders and said, "okay," as if that was the most normal thing in the world.


Nutritional Accomplishment: .... Hi..... My name is Mrs. White... and it has been 35 days since I last ate an M & M. (Insert cheers and applause here.) For those who are new to my blog, I had a serious addiction to this candy. I ate more than one bag of M & M's every day.

Fit Mommy Problem:
Did I mention I completely gave up chocolate? (Cake and brownies don't count.) What I mean is that I don't eat chocolate candy anymore. This has become a problem with my marriage. . . My husband used to bring me home chocolate almost everyday. He would put a bag of M & M's near my favorite seat in the living room, or on the end-table near my bed - just to surprise me. But then (for the sake of my health) I gave up chocolate. At first he didn't believe me. He continued to buy me candy. I felt so bad because I would not eat any of it. I would give it to the children. One day, he came home with mini Reese's cups. He handed them to me with a loving smile. What's a wife to do? I did not eat them! Now he stopped buying me presents. (pout). One day I told him to just bring me home an apple or something. (smiles). I really need to come up with an idea for him. He loves to bring me home little surprises but I can't think of anything to suggest. Any ideas?

How was your week?

blessings,
Mrs. White


Compare this with my First Fit Mommy Week. Or see what happened when I had an Elegant Fit Mommy Week.

Need some Housekeeping motivation?
You can really clean your house in just 2 hours a day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Mrs. White I just love you, you are too funny! I am very proud of you for giving up chocolate! I am still working on it. I sneak a piece here and there every few days! Did I mention or have you seen it on my facebook that I am now running everyday?!? I am doing a 5K race on the thirteenth of this month!

Sarah Lownsbery

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

You're doing great with your fitness!

Hmm... do you have a favorite drink he could bring home? Maybe a single flower? Is there some other little food item he could pick up ~ such as a little bag of almonds?

I think it's so sweet that he did that for you. Definitely not something you want to discourage. **grin**

Related Posts with Thumbnails