Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Life at our Vermont Home

Waterside Porch








I have been doing a lot of traveling lately. It is hard to get back into a home routine when I am away too much. Nicole (20) needed to get to and from college twice in the past week. It was her winter break. Things have calmed down and I am delighted to be back home and settled.

I have some cheerful news:

My new stove arrived the other morning! We had an electric range which broke last summer. I have been struggling along with a small toaster oven to get by. But I have missed baking! My father took me to the store and helped me pick out my new stove. It is a standard, boring one. (smiles.) This one should last longer than the last one. But oh, I had such a hard time parting with my beautiful, modern, glass top range! I almost hugged it just before they hauled it away! But one cannot keep what does not work.

After a day or two, I got used to my new stove. It does not have a timer or clock like my last one. But it is a pretty white and looks lovely in my old fashioned kitchen. All I need now is a rotary phone on the wall and we will be thrown back into an old fashioned life!

This morning, I will get all dressed up and put on an apron. I will do some vacuuming and some laundry. I will deep clean my kitchen and work on making a home.

I plan to sit quietly for part of the day and read, while sitting near the window. I will sip on hot tea and enjoy our quiet life, here in Vermont.

I have a little grocery shopping to do later this afternoon. When I get back home, I will bake some brownies and make a delicious supper for my dear family. I will set the table and make everything pleasant.

I am grateful and content.

Blessings,
Mrs. White

Come along with me for a quick little visit At Mother's House.

The blessings and treasures which come during hard times, in Living on a Prayer.

6 comments:

TOSHeidi said...

Sounds like you have an amazing day planned. I'd love to come and share it with you!

Deanna said...

CONGRATS on the new arrival!!!
d from homehaven

Mrs. White said...

TOS Heidi, you are welcome to come and join us!

Thanks Deanna!

Blessings,
Mrs. White

joyce said...

Hope you enjoy your new stove. I'm sure you'll be doing lots of baking now. I don't think a clock or timer are that important, anyway. I've got a clock on my microwave and on the coffee maker, so I'll bet you have one somewhere else too.

I don't even use the timer on my stove very much. As long as it bakes evenly, that's all you need.

I had a kitchen renovation this summer, and my new stove is a glass top. I really like it. It's the first glass top I've ever had. It's a lot easier to clean than those old burner pans, but at the same time, I think it's more fragile. I'm always afraid I'll scratch it or mar it as I'm slinging those pots and pans around!

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Oh, I'm so happy for you! Now, you just need to have a fun baking day! **grin** Hmmm... do I smell some fresh baked bread in the near future? Or maybe some muffins? Oh, the possibilities. ;)

mommyx12 said...

So when are you going to share some tasty recipes? I love getting new things. Have fun with that!

Related Posts with Thumbnails