Sunday, March 14, 2010

No Yeast - No Rise -Pizza Crust

Assortment of Pizzas







Here is a recipe for a thin crust, no rise, no yeast pizza dough:

Put your hair up and put on a pretty apron!

Pre-heat oven to 450 Degrees.

4 cups white flour
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil

Mix together in a large bowl.

Then add 3 cups of hot (very warm) water. You should see the mixture bubble. Add one tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

Stir well.

Then add 2 more cups of flour. Mix well with large spoon.

Get ready to knead the dough.. I like to pour a little vegetable oil on my butcher-block counter, then top with some flour. (This makes clean-up a snap!) I also work a little oil into my hands before kneading.

Have about 2 cups of flour nearby, to add to the dough as you work. Knead for around 5 minutes. When the dough is ready, coat lightly with vegetable oil. It will make the crust very easy to work with.

Cut dough into 4 pieces. You should be able to make 4 large, thin crust pizzas with this recipe. For best results, use a commercial quality pizza "crisper." (the kind with holes in the bottom.)

Use a rolling pin to shape one of the doughs into a large circle. Place on pizza pan. Roll up edges of crust.

Pre-bake crust for about 2 or 3 minutes.

Remove from oven. Add sauce, cheese and toppings.

Bake for additional 7 - 10 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.

Remove from oven.

Brush edges of crust with butter to keep it soft.

Enjoy!

Recipe Copyright 2010 by Mrs. Sharon White


Note: See the Photo above? Our pizza will not look like that. (smiles) The dough will be thin, flat and crispy.


Blessings,
Mrs. White



Have a special dinner planned for your family? Read about our place-settings and making the table look elegant, even if everyone runs off with their food to go watch television!

One morning I created a restaurant - style breakfast at home for my children. 




10 comments:

joyce said...

Mrs. White, the recipe sounds easy and I'm sure it's delicious. But I cook for just myself and could never eat 4 large pizzas.

Have you ever altered/cut the recipe? I suppose the ingredients could easily be halved.

Does pizza dough freeze, in a ball?
Doesn't sound like it would.

Any advice for those who need smaller portions and do not cook large amounts of food?

Mrs. White said...

Joyce, I will update this post in a day or two and answer all your questions!

Blessings,
Mrs. White

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs. White!
I tried your dough recipe and it was good. I didn't bake it long enough though so it wasn't as crispy as I would have liked it. Joyce I cut the recipe in half for my family to have two large pizzas and I am not sure about freezing the dough but you could probably wrap it up in saran wrap and put it in the fridge for a few days.

Sarah L.

Mrs. White said...

Joyce, If you want to make one pizza, try this:

1 cup white flour
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon basil

3/4 cup warm water
1/2 teaspoon Olive Oil

About 1 to 1 and 1/2 cups white flour to mix in and knead.
follow the rest of the directions.

Freezing dough?

You can do this with yeast dough, but I'm not sure about this kind. If you want to try it, just roll each piece into a ball, then flatten a bit with rolling pin and put into a Ziploc freezer bag. To defrost, just pull out in the morning and it should be ready in a couple of hours.

Hope that helps!
Blessings,
Mrs. White

Mrs. White said...

Sarah, Maybe the crust was too thick? If you are using a smaller pan, you can possibly get 6 pizza doughs out of this recipe.

Blessings,
Mrs. White

joyce said...

Thanks so much for the recipe. If I hadn't ordered pizza from Hungry Howie's last night, I might try a homemade pizza tonight. But I still have leftovers in the fridge and I need to finish it. I'm about "pizza'd out" (I just coined a new phrase!), but next time I crave a good,hot pizza, I'll try your dough recipe. Thanks again!

Trish from Nebraska said...

Mrs. White, have you tried using a starter for the pizza dough? If you can find someone with a good starter you could adjust your pizza/bread recipes to use the starter instead of no yeast/store bought yeast. I think things made with starter develop more flavor too.

Jennifer said...

Thank you for sharing this recipe. My husband's favorite type of pizza is thin crust. I will be trying this!

Miz Helen said...

We would just love your Pizza Crust, great combination of herbs and crisp outcome.Just the way we like it. Thank you for sharing and you have a great day!

Leah said...

This is a recipe I will definitely be trying. We make pizzas out on our grill in the summer and my husband is always saying, "Could we get the crust thinner and crispier?" So this looks like just the thing! Thank you so much for linking it. :)

God's peace to you and your family Mrs. White.

Related Posts with Thumbnails