Friday, April 30, 2010

10 Thoughts on being a Housewife - Will Make a Feminist Laugh

The Best Years of Our Lives, Myrna Loy, Fredric March , 1946







Yesterday, as I was working in my kitchen, I thought of several ideas for housewives that might help them smile, or cheer up. Then I realized this list would make feminists laugh. So read on, whether you are a feminist or a housewife, and go ahead and smile:


1. For a quick pick-me up - Buy a new set of oven mitts.

2. My idea of fast food - Stop at the store and buy a box of Barilla spaghetti, a jar of Bertolli sauce, a loaf of Italian Bread, and some fresh vegetables. Go home, start cooking and preparing. It should be all finished in about 15 minutes.

3. Kneading bread dough provides an excellent workout.

4. Myrna Loy is my role model. (Have you ever seen her in the movies? She is the calmest, sweetest, most wonderful mother ever!)

5. I love the look on the face of a female banker, when I apply for a new bank account and she asks me "What is your profession." And I say, "Housewife." She argues with me and suggests I put down "unemployed." I smile sweetly and proudly say, "Just put housewife."

6. Washing the kitchen floor is tremendously fun, when you see that the water is still clear when you finish mopping.

7. I can't stress this enough - clean your dustpan after use.

8. If you are having a really bad day, it's perfectly fine to have a glass of Pepsi.

9. If you don't remember your children's names, just call them all "sweetie."

10. It's okay to wear your apron in public.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Blessings,
Mrs. White

Would you like to win my Happy Housewife Gift Pack? This includes a 1950's Cookbook, Donna Reed TV Series, and Vintage Style Apron.

Subscribe to The Legacy of Home

5 comments:

~ Denise ~ said...

These are awesome tips!! Thanks for the smiles. :)

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

I had to giggle because I love getting a new pair of oven mitts. ;)

I prefer homemaker over housewife because is encompasses more of what we do. lol!

I agree with your idea of fast food. :)

Have a blessed day!

Laura O said...

Love the tips, Mrs. White!

We could use new oven mitts here as well. I just can't find a pair that both hubby and I like. (Yes, my husband is known to cook and bake at times, so he gets a vote.)

And, we had basically your fast food dinner for our dinner last night. Definitely fills bellies better than the complete junk fast food (e.g. McDs, etc.) The boys almost always feel hungry shortly after eating any of those fast food meals.

Rosemi said...

Beautiful tips Mrs. White!

Heather said...

I am a clean freak but never thought to clean my dustpan. I will now!
Not sure why I never thought about it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails