Friday, April 30, 2010

Fit Mommy (Week 17)



The following is my check-in for Fit Mommy Friday. It is hosted by Denise. This is a way for many of us to encourage one another, to share our progress and to meet our own fitness goals. When you visit our blogs and read about our week, would you take a minute to share an encouraging comment?

Here's my week:

Sunday, Monday,
Housework. No specific exercises.

Tuesday,
Housework all day. Wore ankle weights during part of the cleaning. Helped the children re-arrange furniture (No easy task with a 3 story house. And notice how I said I helped them. They are 100 times stronger than I am and did most of the work!) I did give Amy (15) a chance to get rid of me. We were carrying an extremely heavy table downstairs. I was on the receiving end. I told her, "Amy, all you have to do is let go, and that will be the end of me. Here's your chance!" She didn't let go. I guess being nice to her earlier in the day really helped! (smiles)

Wednesday,
Rested. Took the day off. I really needed a break! Did nothing all day!

Thursday,
-My one-year blog anniversary!- Did some light cleaning and baking and errands. But nothing that would be considered exercise.

Friday,

Got up early, refreshed and happy. I had gone to bed early the previous night for the first time in a long time. So..... I was energetic enough to do a real workout! This was the first one I did since my breakdown. I did a 30 minute, non-impact aerobic workout, including target toning with light weights -while listening to inappropriate music.. (well, it wasn't gospel!)

I really missed exercising and loved this. (Is it merely a coincidence that I only exercised on Friday, the day of the check-in? I love the accountability of this program!)

Nutritional Accomplishment - I had some fresh, organic vegetables this week. (It is not that hard to eat two small pieces of raw broccoli with supper.) I also had an entire apple one day this week!

Fitness Goal: To have strength and endurance. I do not have any weight to lose, but need to keep my energy levels high and avoid eating too much sugary, junk food.

I would love it if more Mommies would join us. Are you willing? We'd love to have you!

Blessings,
Mrs. White

Would you like to win my Happy Housewife Gift Pack? This includes a 1950's Cookbook, Donna Reed TV Series, and Vintage Style Apron.

Subscribe to The Legacy of Home

5 comments:

Leah said...

Hehe, seems like this week was furniture-weight-lifting week. :D

I did several days of moving heavy furniture around the house - and had the hubby and children help me. I love doing this kind of thing, and am almost sorry that it's nearly all done now.

I hope you enjoyed your furniture workout just as much as I enjoyed mine. Have a great weekend.

Annie Kate said...

Way to go! I'm so glad that you're able to exercise again. What a blessing.

Now make sure you don't overdo it! (I hear that all the time. LOL)

Annie Kate

Rosemi said...

Mrs. White, I also have the same fitness goal as you. Maybe I will join.

Lorie said...

Dear Mrs. White, You have inspired me. I decided to join you in getting healthier.

I posted about it on my blog: http://praiseinthegates.blogspot.com/2010/05/getting-fit.html

I am also looking forward to starting the Prentiss study again.

Thank you for blogging so diligently, it is a great encouragement!

Cheryl Henderson said...

I love your fitness goals. I need to lose a bunch of weight which is coming off slowly.

However, I'm discovered that doing exercise daily exercise, I'm getting stronger and not feeling as creaky.

I just wish I could find a way to find more energy -- oh yeah, sleep might help. :-)

Keep up the good work!

Related Posts with Thumbnails