Monday, April 12, 2010

Mother's Break

My Perfect Break








I spent all day cleaning and tidying my house. I am so grateful to have my energy back up so I can actually do housework! What a blessing! It was just about 2 weeks ago that I was in the middle of a health crisis and felt like an invalid. I have those difficult bouts from time- to- time. Yet, it makes me that much more thankful for when I am well enough to clean my precious home.

I enjoyed sweeping floors, shining counters, cleaning my living room carpet and organizing some built-up clutter on the hutch. I even cleaned out my purse while I waited in the car!

The best part of my day is when I get to take a break. I enjoy my breaks so much more when I have worked hard around the house. It is a blessing and a reward. I like to have hot tea and fresh-baked cookies. I like to slow down, smile and just enjoy a little quiet time. It doesn't matter if the children are loud or active around me. My heart is soothed. My soul is quiet and I can enjoy my rest.

I hope you are enjoying your homemaking today!

Blessings,
Mrs. White

2 comments:

Joyce Ackley said...

I'm glad you are feeling stronger and able to enjoy your housework.
I love my home to be clean and orderly, but sometimes I am physically unable to keep it just the way I like it.

Anna at Domestic Felicity wrote the most beautiful, sweetest post on Expectations. She talks about how God doens't expect us to be perfect, but He knows how hard we work at keeping the home. It really is an encouraging message.

Hope you continue to feel well and have a good energy level.

Mama said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. I will pray for your continued health and strength.
It's a wonderful feeling when you've cleaned your home and cared for your family. It doesn't have to be perfect, just enough to make you all feel blessed.
Enjoy your evening,
Wendy