Lehman's 50' Clothesline Kit ITEM# 1080695
[This giveaway is closed.]
This is the time of year when we get ready to hang our clothes outside on the line. Normally, I have to walk down a flight of steps, and out to the back property to get to my clothesline. I don't mind the walk, but it would be hard to do this every single day. Growing up, we had a pulley system that was attached to our porch window on the side of our house. This was set up for my Grandmother, who had multiple sclerosis, and worked from her wheelchair. Later, we all used that line. All we had to do was stand near that window, grab some clothespins and hang out each piece of laundry. Then move the cable line to make room for the next article of clothing. It was so easy to bring the clothes back in too!
I have always wanted one of these for my own home. So I was delighted to receive a package from Lehman's last week! It was my very own pulley system! Of course, I had no idea how to put it together and proudly handed it over to my Father, who lives with us! He had me do a couple of things:
1. I had to remove some shelves I had set up in front of my laundry room window. He wanted me to have clear access to work at the window.
2. I went out and bought some new clothespins! (smiles)
Dad worked diligently putting everything together while I sat around reading a book, baking cookies or hanging out in the yard with the children. I love how things get done when I am not even paying attention! In a short time, I was ushered into my laundry room and shown my new clothesline! I had my daughter Amy pose for this picture, to show you how easy it is to hang the clothes on this system.
Dad had to attach the other end of the cable to a tree or some kind of post. Since we didn't have a tree in the right spot, Dad found a post somewhere on the property and set it up in the ground.
It didn't take long at all, and everything was finished. I brought everyone into my laundry room and demonstrated how easy it is to use. Here are the key points I mentioned:
1. If it is raining, I won't have to rush outside, while getting soaked, just to get the clothes off the line. All I have to do is happily stand near my window, and bring the clothes in, while remaining warm and dry.
2. I can do a load of wash early in the morning, then quickly and efficiently hang them on the line without ever leaving the room!
Here are the specifications of this neat product, from the company website:
* Comes with plastic coated multi-wire cable clothesline, a pair of 6 ½" rustproof zinc pulleys, a pair of screw eye hooks, and a rustproof zinc ratcheting tightener
* 50 ft set comes with 100 ft of Lehman's Best 1700 lb clothesline
* Installation instructions included
* 4 lb.
* Price: $34.95
Here's a quote from Dad about his experience putting this together for me: "The directions were very clear and to the point. I've never seen directions so easy to follow."
Lehman's has many other wonderful products. You can even buy quality clothespins directly from them. They also sell Toys, Old fashioned Lanterns, and tons more! Check out their Amish Country Popcorn Sampler! Lehman's is a beloved and trusted company,which opened its doors in 1955. Take a moment to watch this lovely video about their company:
How would you like to win your very own Clothesline Kit from Lehman's? I have one available for a giveaway. All you have to do is leave me a comment.
For additional entries:
2. Become a Public Follower of my blog.
3. Subscribe to my blog in an E-mail through Feedburner.
5. Write a post, linking to this giveaway, on your own Blog.
6. Follow me on Twitter.
7. Post about this giveaway on
8. Become a Fan of The Legacy of Home on
9. Follow Lehmans on Twitter.
10. Subscribe to Lehman's free newsletter. This can be found on their homepage. This is worth 3 extra entries. Be sure to leave me three separate comments for this!
11. Become a Fan of Lehman's on Facebook.
Super bonus entries!
You can come back here every single day and leave me one comment for extra chances to win.
*Please leave a separate comment for each entry.*
One random winner we be selected on Tuesday, April 13, 2010. (U.S. and Canadian Entries only.) If I am unable to reach the winner within 48 hours, an alternate winner will be selected. Your entry is only valid if you include a way for me to contact you. The Clothesline Kit will be shipped directly from Lehmans.
This contest is closed.
Edited update: The winner is- God's Dancing Child!
I received this product from Lehmans for Review Purposes.