Monday, May 17, 2010

Divanomics

                                "How to still be fabulous when you're broke."

Michelle McKinney Hammond is a best-selling author of more than thirty books. She was also a co-host of the television program, Aspiring Women. In her latest book, Divanomics, she describes her personal financial trials and how she learned to get back on track. She writes from a Christian perspective, using humor, good-natured fun, and has a modern, hip tone. I don't normally like "hip" but she does it so well, I actually smiled often as I read.  There is so much to glean from this book. Her own financial difficulties are actually fun to read. I mean, who wouldn't want to read about how much money she spent and how the upper-class have to deal with accountants to handle their money? Frankly, it was entertaining.

The book is extremely well done.  At the end of each chapter, you'll find advice, questions, and suggestions to help you get a grip on your own finances. Her focus on God is inspiring and I enjoyed this book very much.

*I received this book from Tyndale House for Review purposes.*




0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails