Friday, May 7, 2010

Fit Mommy (Week 18)



The following is my check-in for Fit Mommy Friday. It is hosted by Denise. This is a way for many of us to encourage one another, to share our progress and to meet our own fitness goals. When you visit our blogs and read about our week, would you take a minute to share an encouraging comment?

Here's my week:

Sunday, Monday,
Housework. No specific exercises. (I was in a lot of pain on Monday and didn't do much)

Tuesday,
Housework all day.

Evening - did target toning exercises using light weights.

Wednesday,
Housework all day. No specific exercises.

Thursday,
Heavy cleaning.

Evening - did target toning exercises using light weights.

Friday,
I plan to do a light workout later this afternoon.

Nutritional Failure - I did eat healthy this week. My one failure was buying a box of Junior Mints. I haven't had any candy in months (since I gave up M & M's), so this was a sugar shock to my system. I don't plan to do that ever again!

Fitness Goal: To have strength and endurance. I do not have any weight to lose, but need to keep my energy levels high and avoid eating too much sugary, junk food.

Next week, I want  to get in some longer and more consistent workouts. I am really not happy with the amount of effort I am putting into this lately.  Week 9 was my favorite. It is helpful if I listen to gospel music or a sermon while I exercise so I don't feel like I am wasting time. I can also exercise while watching a program with the family.  I need to try harder. But I will not overdo it, so don't worry!

How was your week?

Blessings,
Mrs. White

Subscribe to The Legacy of Home

5 comments:

Leah said...

You've no reason to feel bad about yourself at all. Just have a look at how I messed up this week, if you don't believe me. ;)

But I'm not giving up. I'll just pick myself up and get going again.

Have a great weekend.

Debra said...

You did plenty this week! I still need to create my post... but at least I have some good things to write for a change.

Rosemi said...

I always thought that if you eat right- housework, and walking is the only necessary excersize for maintenance if you are already thin.

Annie Kate said...

Housework IS a mild workout, so you're not being sedentary even if you're not 'working out' with a formal program.

But I totally understand the wish to focus a bit more on fitness. :) I'm there myself.

Have a great week!

Annie Kate

Michelle said...

Mrs. White, it sounds like you have had a lovely week, except for the day you felt poorly and the day you ate the candy.

I attended a 4-H party last night and ate pizza and cake. Thankfully, I had the little bit of wisdom to choose bottled water and skip the ice cream. I felt a little poorly yesterday evening myself. ;) Good nutrition can make a huge difference, can't it? :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails