Friday, May 14, 2010

Fit Mommy (Week 19)



The following is my check-in for Fit Mommy Friday. It is hosted by Denise. This is a way for many of us to encourage one another, to share our progress and to meet our own fitness goals. When you visit our blogs and read about our week, would you take a minute to share an encouraging comment?

Here's my week:

Sunday,
Took the Day off.

Monday,
Morning - 25 minute workout while listening to gospel music. This was non-impact, target toning, using light weights.

Tuesday,
Morning - Wore ankle weights while cleaning.

Late afternoon - Cleaned again while wearing ankle weights.

There is a book I love, "French Women don't get Fat." Have you ever heard of it? The author talks about how the women in that culture walk everywhere. They also have several flights of steps to contend with each day.  I often think of that book when I am walking up and down my three-story house. There are 15 steps leading to each floor. I Love walking on those stairs with my weights on.

Wednesday,
(Don't kill me, thinking I overdid it today!...) Morning - 45 minute workout. It was amazing! (smiles) I did 30 minutes of low-impact work, and then 15 minutes of target toning, with light weights. I LOVE when there is involuntary shaking of the muscles! Don't you love that?

I also wore a thermal dress under my clothes. (It's cold here). This seriously helped bring on some sweating. Why is sweating good? It releases, and removes, toxins from the lymph glands.

Thursday,
Heavy cleaning while wearing ankle weights. Took lots of breaks throughout the day. Hint- if you are wearing an ankle- length- skirt and weights, be very careful on the stairs.

Friday,
7:30 a.m. (I actually got up early!!!) 45 minute workout, same as Wednesday.

Nutritional Accomplishment - Enjoyed gum instead of too many snacks!
I am still struggling, however, with giving up junk food entirely. I am working on buiding up a strong sense of self-discipline so I can stop eating unhealthy foods.

Fitness Goal: To have strength and endurance. I do not have any weight to lose, but need to keep my energy levels high and avoid eating too much sugary, junk food.

Here's some fun:

I came across the cutest post on food, ever! It is so funny. It's called, Stop thinking about food! Amy (15) and I have been talking about this, and laughing, for days!

Please join the Fit Mommy Meme. We'd love to have you!

Blessings,
Mrs. White

Read about A Wife's Job at Home - Doing my Part.

Subscribe to The Legacy of Home



1 comments:

Leah said...

Wow! You've been busy this week, Mrs White.

If only I could keep up with the exercise stuff like you do, and you could stick to my diet, we'd both be perfect.

Ah, but who wants perfect anyways, eh?

Have a great weekend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails