Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday's Front Porch Visit - Home From College

Southern Grace



Come on over and join me on the front porch for our Monday visit! 

I have finally gotten a chance to sit down and have a visit with you.  It's a little cool outdoors. But I hope to sit on my porch later this afternoon. I have been working hard all morning and want to take a break. We did most of our homeschooling this morning. I also cleaned the kitchen and did a little reading with John (12).  Amy will work on math this afternoon. I love the simplicity of that program. There are no distracting games! She can just do her lessons, learn the work and then go do something else.


Over the weekend, Nicole (20) came home from college. Her semester ended, so she has the summer off. She will be searching for a job soon and getting into a new routine.  We had an extremely long and difficult drive to pick her up from school. I spent most of the weekend just recovering! Mr. White took good care of me and let me rest all day on Saturday. He told the children it was "Mother's day" and they were to be extra good.

My parents have been away from home for several weeks now. They live with us in an in-law apartment on the first floor of our house. I miss seeing Mother on her front porch watering flowers. I miss seeing Dad working on the front yard, or enjoying the garage. He usually has gospel music playing out there while he does a woodworking project, or fixes his car. It is too quiet here without them. But, they will be home soon.

I hope to bake a cake later tonight. It is a yellow cake, which I don't care for. I am making it on purpose because I won't go near it (smiles), but I know my family will enjoy it!

Yesterday, I bought some peppermint tea. I can't wait to have a cup in just a little while. I hope you have a delightful Monday!

Blessings,
Mrs. White

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Mrs. White!
I have missed you over on facebook :) I am glad to here that your daughter made it home from college to spend some time with you. I hope you have a great rest of the day. It is almost ten o'clock here so I am off to bed!
Blessings!
Sarah Lownsbery

Related Posts with Thumbnails