Monday, June 28, 2010

Monday's Front Porch Visit - Loving Home

Southern Grace



Come on over and join me on the front porch for our Monday visit! 

We had a lovely weekend. I took all the children to a new church on Sunday. It was an old fashioned church. This was our second time attending this church. The sermon was excellent. The people are kind and welcoming. Then we went to a Church picnic at the lake, where we had plenty of food to eat, fellowship and got to witness 2 baptisms!

I have a busy week ahead of me, with lots of errands and activities for the children. But I have plenty of things planned to share with you.  I want to fit everything in, but I also want to have plenty of time of simplicity, rest, and peace.

I talked to my Mother last night. (She, along with my father, live with us, but have been away for a few months taking care of family in another state.) She keeps telling me she will come home soon. So I said, "Well, if you are really good, I will give you one of the downstairs rooms!" We have the house separated for an in-law apartment, but I use two of the downstairs rooms. I offered her one of the cute, little rooms. I said, "I know you've had your eye on that room since we got the house!" She was so excited! So I will get to work on emptying it out and getting it ready for her. That should make her come home soon! (smiles)

I have been watching a lot of the old I Love Lucy shows. They always make me laugh and love home. Lucy takes great pride in keeping a clean home and preparing wonderful meals. She has the cutest aprons!

Right now, it is early in the morning and it is raining and cool. I am going to read and enjoy a quiet morning. Then I will get to work!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Blessings
Mrs. White

Read about My Nana in Alabama.

I love reading to my children in Precious Stories.

Encouraging Mothers in It's Bed Time for Mother's Little Ones.

I love Suppertime in a Rural Home.

Subscribe to The Legacy of Home

Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails