Tuesday, June 15, 2010
"A frugal and judicious use of money." (Webster's 1828)
The following is a list of featured articles. [I will be adding new posts to this list as we go along.] These are real stories from my own life. You'll see me struggling, and read about answered prayers. In other posts, you will see success and abundance. We all have our times of poverty and of wealth. The goal, however, is to remain steady and controlled, always being careful with our money. It is an ongoing process.
Here is the List:
1. No Income and the Basics of Life.
2. The Richest Man in Walnut Grove.
3. To Encourage the Downcast Housewife.
4. Focusing on the Blessings at Home.
5. The Frugal Adventure Begins.
6. Hard Times are Coming.
7. I Remember Mama - Lessons from a Norwegian Family.
8. To Use Coupons or Not - That is the Question - with lots of stories about Home Economics.
9. The Good Deed Money.
10. How the Old Time Mothers Survived Poverty.
11. Financial Survival in Hard Times.
12. The History of our Financial Lives.
13. The Homemaker's Despair.
14. Why The High Cost of Food?
15. Building our Homes with Little Money.
16. Building a Strong Work-Ethic in our Children.
17. When There Isn't Much.
18. Despairing over the Household Allowance.
19. The Thrifty Kitchen.
20. Living Without Credit Cards.
21. Free Presents for Mother
22. When it's Time to Walk Away. (Financial Ruin)
23. A Christmas without Presents (American Poverty in Christian Homes)
24. Financial Separation of the Social Classes.
25. Not More Than We Can Bear.
26. A Vow of Poverty.
27. Money Can't Fix Everything.
28. Mothers with Christmas Courage.
(More coming soon!)
If you have any questions or have a suggestion for a future blog post, please contact me.
For Home-keeping Inspiration, order my book - For The Love of Christian Homemaking.
An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email. I would also love to have you connect with me on Facebook and Twitter!