Friday, June 18, 2010

A Weekend Visit

Cozy Country Night


I took two of the children to a church activity this evening. Amy (15) and John (12) played games outside and had snacks. They had a wonderful time. I read one of my books and had 2 cookies (chocolate chip, butterscotch.)  It is now getting very late. I am settling in for the weekend. We did our errands and housework this morning and now I am resting.

The past week, I have been very worn out. One morning, I swept my front porch and then swept part of mother's porch (she, along with Dad live with us, but are away for a few weeks). Then I started to get chest pains. I had to sit in the rocking chair and rest. I am taking things very slow.

I have been enjoying my housework. I love a slower pace of life. I wear my Edwardian Apron when I am in an old-fashioned mood. The other day, I had this on, along with my skirt and heels and went out in the backyard to play basketball with John. All I had to do was stand still and throw the ball. John was nice enough to bring it to me and let me try again, until I managed to get "10" into the hoop. I had to rest and recover for hours after that.

I seem to go through these phases of seeming perfect health, and then feeling like an elderly, frail mother who cannot do much but smile and nod and sit still. (smiles)

Obviously, I did not participate in the Fit Mommy Meme this week. I had nothing to say. I couldn't do anything.  It seems like life itself was enough of a workout! The fun part would be to see how many physical breakdowns Mrs. White can have in one year! (smiles). But I always come back and am okay! Next week.. or perhaps the week after that, I will be well again. I will be okay.

Tomorrow, I will wake up before the sun rises and I will read my Bible and pray. Then I will tidy my house, have some tea and enjoy some quiet time. When the children wake up and the house comes alive, I will guide the family, in a gentle loving way, from my parlor chair.

Perhaps I will have the strength to make homemade soup and buttermilk biscuits? I shall try.

Blessings
Mrs. White
Subscribe to The Legacy of Home

Share/Bookmark

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Mrs. White, so sorry you are not feeling well. I have been very tired and worn out and have to take lots of breaks, too, and I always think of you when I do. I pray for a renewed sense of health and well being and lots of energy for you!

Michelle Smith said...

Mrs. White, I am also sorry you are so tired. I am as well. I have been trying to spring clean now that we have finished the school year. Only I am now so tired. Tonight I didn't have the energy to do more.

Hopefully after a good night's rest we both will feel better. In any case, may the Lord grant us both peace and provide for our family's needs.

mommyx12 said...

Sorry you are not feeling well. It does take a lot of energy to keep a large family afloat. You are doing a great job. I pray you will be better soon.

Julie said...

Being mothers to five kids is hard work although there is nothing like it. I have days that I am purely exhausted too.

I hope you regain energy and have a great day.

Thank you too for visiting my blog and commenting. It is very nice to meet you!

I too enjoy reading your blog and will follow your writings.

Linda said...

Mrs.White, I hope you are well soon.Thank-you for taking the time and strength to do your blog.You are such a blessing to all home-makers.You and your family are in my prayers.

Lauren said...

Hi Mrs. White,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am so excited about being on the Crew. I will be following your blog also. I love your disclosure policy!
Lauren

Related Posts with Thumbnails