Thursday, July 22, 2010

Afternoon Tea in Vermont

Vintage dinner bell on the porch at Mrs. White's home.

 

It is late afternoon and getting close to the supper hour. It is time for me to get motivated, put on an apron and start peeling potatoes and create a delicious meal.

But first, I want to visit with you! I am going to have a little tea in a china tea cup, with a saucer underneath. I am going to rest with a pleasant book and sip on my tea, while enjoying the quiet of this summer afternoon in Vermont.

       I need to set up a pretty table cloth and make the effort to create a haven here at home. 

Then I will do a little laundry and begin working in my kitchen. My children are all being delightful today. They are quiet and productive.  I think it helps that we have a three story house, 14 rooms and 2 acres of land. There is plenty for them to do. I think I will send them outside for a game while I prepare the evening meal. Then I will surprise them by going on my front porch and ringing our dinner bell so they come running!  I do so love to see their smiling faces when they run towards me. 

What are you making for supper?

Blessings
Mrs. White

From the Archives


Happy memories Remembering Suppertime.

I hope we all have Real Old Fashioned Suppers.

 Old Time Thrift - Retirement Planning for the Poor.

 

 - To find out more about this blog, or Mrs. White, please visit our About page. -

 


 

For old time encouragement in living simply on a limited income, order Mrs. White's book:

"An Old Fashioned Budget: Humble Financial Management for the Christian Housewife"

This slim, 77 page, paperback book is available for sale through Amazon.




2 comments:

Anita said...

I am making an herb crusted baked chicken with baked potatoes, broccoli, carrots and a fresh peach cobbler.

Katrinka said...

You have such a beautifully expressive way of writing! I think I'm having leftovers...potato/hot dog casserole; tomato/cucumber/bell peper/onion salad with poppy seed dressing, minus the poppy seeds; homemade bread; blackberries or peaches for dessert.