Monday, July 12, 2010

Monday's Front Porch Visit - Yours Mine and Ours

Southern Grace



Come on over and join me on the front porch for our Monday visit! 

Good morning! I don't know if you noticed, but last Monday, I didn't have our porch visit! I was being anti-social. (smiles). So here I am today, with a visit.

I had a busy day yesterday. I baked muffins, made everyone breakfast, made a big supper, did laundry, cleaned the kitchen and scrubbed the tub. I was tired by 5 pm and ready for bed!  I need to pace myself a little more today.

My second oldest child, Nicole (21) is coming home for a visit today. She is bringing us a movie, "Yours Mine and Ours." This is the modern version. We will watch it all together and enjoy a wholesome show. However, I have to say that I love the old version with Lucille Ball and Henry Fonda. It is so much better. Have you seen that one? I love how they blended their family together. I love how they had great structure and order in the home. And I love how strong and responsible the parents were. They handled each crisis in an admirable way. One of my favorite parts of that show is when the wife is in labor with the new baby (I think it is number 19). She is walking down the stairs with her husband.  One of the older teen girls is crying and upset about her boyfriend. The Dad says, as he helps his suffering wife down the stairs, that this is what life is all about. It is to be there for each other through good and bad times. In this realistic movie, you get to see what life was like in the 1960's and how many problems go on in family life. It is excellent!

Do you have a favorite movie about home life and family? I'd love to hear about it!

Well, I better rush off and get back to my homemaking duties. Today, we are going to have homemade pizza. We are going to do our schoolwork and our chores. We will spend some time chatting and relaxing on the front porch. And hopefully, we will have a day without a crisis! May it be so!

Blessings
Mrs. White
Subscribe to The Legacy of Home

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Enjoy your time with Nicole and the rest of your family today. Try not to do too much. :)

It's been some time since I've seen the original version of Yours, Mine,and Ours. We may need to rent it.

Have a blessed day!

busymomof10 said...

I love the old version of Yours, Mine and Ours (except for a couple scenes), but I have been reluctant to watch the newer version. I was afraid it would be a huge disappointment, just like the new version of Cheaper by the Dozen. Nothing like the original!

Related Posts with Thumbnails