Product - E-book "Travel the World" an Old Schoolhouse Planner module- the June 2010 issue.
Publisher -The Old Schoolhouse Store.
Price - $7.95
Ages - This is good for K - 12. You can really adapt it to meet your needs. For younger grades, do the coloring pages and point out some of the facts. For older students - they can do the word puzzles, projects and copywork.
Pages - 56
Facts, Continents, an Explanation of Geography, Word Scramble, Word Search, Crossword Puzzle, Maps, coloring pages, lapbook, copywork for both manuscript and cursive; links to online resources, and more.
A Few Highlights
- The copywork uses phrases and passages which will help a student memorize important geography facts.
- I love the Travel book they present. Students will learn so much by making one of these! It is just like a small lapbook, and uses the continents as the theme. Very cute and easy to accomplish!
- The word puzzles use relevant vocabulary words like- atlas, hemisphere, equator and map.
- You'll find wonderful facts about the continents. These have colorful illustrations which make it exciting to read about.
- Find definitions of terms like latitude and longitude.
- You can print out as many, or as few, pages as you like. This is especially helpful if you have more than one child. You will be able to print out several copies of the puzzles and games!
Overall this is an excellent resource. I have older students who work independently for the most part. I like to give them a project or activity and just let them enjoy it on their own. I love this product, in particular, because it is very easy for them to use on their own. They can have fun and learn at the same time with little help from me. As soon as I get some ink for my printer, I plan to print out these pages, put them into a binder and have the children get to work!
To find out more about my reviews, please visit "Introduction to our Homeschool Parlor"
*I received this product, from the publisher, for review purposes through The Old Schoolhouse Magazine Crew*