Thursday, August 12, 2010

Early Morning Dew

Early Morning Fog in the Trees Around Otter Lake








I just hung the clothes on the line. The world is just waking up and the air is cool and crisp. The grass is covered with the early morning dew.

It is quiet here. There is a stillness during this time of day. I do a little housework and take the time to walk out on the porch to look at the landscape. Then I get my tea and sit with a good book until the family begins to stir.

I am in a serene mood. But I know it won't last. The household will get loud, there will be more chores than I can manage and the world will awaken.

But I can have this quiet time again tomorrow. Each morning I strive to wake up earlier and earlier so it will last longer.

Hope your day is peaceful!

Blessings
Mrs. White


Memories of raising my boys - Teaching life Skills to Sons.

Just Taking a Break from my Housework.


A Little Fun - 10 Thoughts on Being a Housewife.


Subscribe to The Legacy of Home


Share/Bookmark

7 comments:

joyce said...

I absolutely love the poster picture you included with your entry. It has such a serene, mysterious quality. I own a tiny, original watercolor painting called Mist on the Chattahoochee. It is by an Atlanta artist, but I can't remember her last name. First name is Susan. The picture on your post reminds me of my little painting. It is exquisite - one of my treasured possessions. The painting itself is post-card size and I have it in a 5x7 frame, hanging on the wall, low, right over my nightstand.

Do you happen to know the name of the picture? Is it from All-Posters? I love it! It's a "Joyce" piece!

Have a good day! Enjoy your beautiful surroundings in Vermont.

joyce said...

The artist I mentioned in my previous post is Susan Kennedy. The Mist painting is on her website under Landscape portfolio, but mine is a much smalled, cropped version.

I thought you may enjoy art work because you post so many beautiful pieces on your blog. Kennedy does lovely florals, too.

Beth E. said...

Beautiful picture! It gives me hope that autumn - and the wonderful cool temps - are not to far away.

Where in the world do you live, 'cause the air is not cool and crisp HERE. It's extremely hot and muggy here in Southwest Virginia!

Traci66 said...

Thank you for stopping by and becoming a follower. I am now following you too. I love it when I see others have been married for quite some time. Happy Friday.

Julie @ Get Healthy Cheap said...

I love the picture you posted, it's beautiful! My air won't be cool until Christmas, I live in Phoenix - so jealous!

I'm your newest follower from Fun Follow Friday. I would love it if you followed me back. :)

Courtney said...

Love that picture! I'm returning the follow! Thanks for following me :)

THE OLD GEEZER said...

Serene times are rare and should be stored in our memory banks so we can draw them out when life becomes chaotic.

Related Posts with Thumbnails