Friday, August 6, 2010

Fit Mommy (Week 31)



The following is my check-in for Fit Mommy Friday. It is hosted by Denise. This is a way for many of us to encourage one another, to share our progress and to meet our own fitness goals. When you visit our blogs and read about our week, would you take a minute to share an encouraging comment?

Here's my week:

Sunday through Wednesday -

I exercised for 10 minutes each day and ate nutritious foods. Did great.

Thursday -
Did Nothing and ate junk.

Friday -
I was really thinking about using fitness equipment. Do any of you do that? Maybe a treadmill or something, to just "mindlessly" do the workout and get it over with while talking to the family or watching a show? What do you think?  I am in some kind of serious rut where I can't seem to do any exercises for more than 10 minutes.


How was your week? I'd love to hear about your health and fitness goals.

Blessings
Mrs. White

The last 30 weeks as a Fit Mommy.

My very first blog post, on April 29, 2009 - Devotion on Holiness.

Here's a sweet thing Amy did when Matthew (17) and I had to stay at the Ronald McDonald House. (He needed medical care last year.)

Subscribe to The Legacy of Home

Share/Bookmark


5 comments:

Leah said...

Looks like you didn't do half bad, you know. :)

As for fitness equipment... no. I know I wouldn't use it anyway, so it would only be a waste of money.

But, here's what I'm going to do: I'll be taking ju-jitsu classes twice a week, starting September. I know I'll just love to go there.

Theimportant question you should ask yourself is whether or not you would actually use the fitness equipment (not once or twice, but regularly). If the answer is yes, then go ahead and buy it, but if the answer is now, then obviously don't buy.

In the end it really boils down to what "fits" you. Nobody can answer that question for you. Only you can.

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

We have a treadmill which I like especially when the weather outside is yucky. You can usually pick up used fitness equipment fairly cheap because people buy it and then don't use it. You may even be able to get it for free off freecycle or craigslist.

I like the idea of a stationary bike, but I don't want something to take up more space. We may get the piece of equipment that turns your regular bike into a stationary bike temporarily.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Ashley DeLen said...

We have a treadmill. I thought mindless excersice would be fun. However, I find it much harder to make myself walk inside. I so dislike it!

So I have started walking the family dogs three mornins a week. I walk faster and harder and have more fun because those dogs are so funny!

I do like workout videos though, and have since I was a teenager. My favorite use to be the step workouts. I haven't done those in YEARS!!

Best of luck!!

Michelle said...

Hi! I find treadmills, elliptical machines, stationary bikes, etc., extremely boring. My choice of exercise is running. There is nothing like getting a half hour to an hour of quiet outdoor time, alone with my thoughts every day. I enjoy taking in the scenery as I run. It's amazing how much more I notice about our neighborhood and community when I see it from a runner's perspective - as opposed to just driving by. I also love watching the seasons change throughout the year, and I don't let ice or snow stop me. I don't listen to an iPod or anything because I love just being with nature so much. But I know a lot of women who like to listen to music while they run, and that might be an option for you too.

Just wanted to throw that idea out to you - maybe you would enjoy running as your choice of exercise.

Hillbilly Handiworks said...

First let me say I am an anti-tv, anti video game mom. So you might be surprised to find out I just got a Wii. My dd gave it to me. I LOVE it!Even if I am just walking/jogging in place I can watch the screen and look at all the people around...kind of funny. And all the exercises from stretch to yoga to balance to jogging...I just get a good all around work out everyday and really enjoy it. The wii tracks my calories, weight, exercise and goals. No work for me. All I do is weigh in as often as I'd like and set my goals.
As for the game system, with tennis, bowling, boxing, fencing...it's not your average video game. I am pleased to 'allow' it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails