Friday, August 13, 2010

Fit Mommy (Week 32)



The following is my check-in for Fit Mommy Friday. It is hosted by Denise. This is a way for many of us to encourage one another, to share our progress and to meet our own fitness goals. When you visit our blogs and read about our week, would you take a minute to share an encouraging comment?

Here's my week: 


Monday through Wednesday,

To put it plainly - I slacked. I did 5 minutes of exercises each morning. And then 10 minutes at night (target toning with weights).

Thursday,

Nothing. (sigh)

Friday,

Today, I actually thought I had been "fit" all this time, until.... I started exercising with Amy (15). Let me just explain a little something about her. She is a full-time dance student - classical ballet, tap, - the works. She is in great shape and can workout far longer than I could even imagine. Here's what happened:

We were in the back yard using hula hoops (don't laugh).  I have been trying and trying to figure out how to keep the hoop going. She does all kinds of tricks and is brilliant at hula hooping, but not me! You also have to be in fairly good shape to endure hooping. I can manage a few seconds, perhaps minutes, but then I get tired and give up!

Amy and I had this long talk about health and fitness. I may "look" fit. I may have even "been" fit (as early as a few months ago!!) But I am not fit at this moment!  I am going to have to build my way back up to being a Fit Mommy again. I will give myself the standard 8 weeks. (That's how long it took me to go from Level 2 to Level 3.) I want to be in Level 3. Not that it is some status symbol, but it would mean that I am healthier than I am now and much more fit. So that is my new goal.

I'll let you know how this is working next week. But I will say that Amy is going to be my fitness coach (or Personal trainer.) Aren't I blessed to have her for a daughter? (smiles)

Nutritional Accomplishment: Ate healthy all week (other than the soda).


Fitness Goal: To have strength and endurance. I do not have any weight to lose, but need to keep my energy levels high and avoid eating too much sugary, junk food.

How about you? Are you a Fit Mommy, or trying to be? I'd love to hear how you are doing!

Blessings
Mrs. White

The last 32 weeks as a Fit Mommy.

Subscribe to The Legacy of Home


Share/Bookmark


2 comments:

Michelle Smith said...

I am sure you are more advanced than I am, Mrs. White, but I will be re-starting Fit Mommy myself following our summer vacation. Your goals sound well-thought out and I'm looking forward to seeing how you progress toward them! :)

~ Denise ~ said...

Woohoo! Good for Amy! (Ahem...sorry, my friend. You did well, too. *smiles*) Hey, at least you can hula hoop for more than a second! That's all I can manage, even with my "child-bearing, Mexican hips!" Ha ha!

I'm not as fit as I'd like to be either, but we can only go up from here, right?

Related Posts with Thumbnails