Monday, August 9, 2010

From Kilos to the Kingdom by Joseph Green

I recently came across an amazing resource. There is a Christian Radio station in Pennsylvania, 720AM The Rock. It is owned by Joseph Green. He has an incredible story. He has written a book, "From Kilos to the Kingdom." In this book, he shares some of his growing up years, his struggles with worldly living, seeking wealth, and his dark days as a full fledged drug dealer. By God's grace, he was led out of this life and is now working in full time Christian ministry.

I wanted to read this book because I have sons. My oldest is 17 years old. He is a good boy. He has similar interests as Joseph Green. He wants to work with the radio, producing music and that kind of thing. He is also interested in rap. Rap music has become extremely popular in today's culture. I know this may sound strange, but I never even heard Rap music until a few years ago! It was a foreign word to me. There are so many things going on in society that will affect our young people. We need to understand what is going on, so we are prepared to advise and encourage our children to avoid the dangers.

As I was reading Joseph's book, I was intrigued by the lessons of his grandfather (Pop Pop). He was a hard working man. He worked a few jobs and didn't have a hobby. That really got me thinking. When did the word "hobby" become normal anyway? I love the work ethic of the people in this book!

Joseph shared a few mild, graphic descriptions, but overall, his story is one of Biblical lessons and a tremendous look into a life struggling desperately to get close to God, in the midst of turmoil. I have never seen such a struggle of someone attached to the world and the destruction which followed. I learned so much and was encouraged! If you have a prodigal teen, or a young adult who is struggling with worldliness, drugs, guns, drinking, partying and the like -  I hope you will read this book. You will have new hope that your child will come out of the rough days. I love Joseph's honest sharing of a sinful life made whole and his great faith in God. We can all learn so much by his commitment and servant's heart.  Please do not give up hope on your difficult teen! I encourage you to get a copy of this book!

Joseph has currently written 2 books and is the pastor of Antioch Assembly.  There are a couple of videos there and plenty of information about his ministry. I will share one of the videos here. I am going to have my son watch this. He is also going to read the book as well.




*Disclosure - I received this book from the author for review purposes.*

Subscribe to The Legacy of Home


Share/Bookmark

1 comments:

Deanna said...

Enjoyed watching this young man's message.
Wonderful how God has worked in his life,
d

Related Posts with Thumbnails