Monday, August 23, 2010

Getting My House Back After an Illness - Monday's Front Porch Visit

Vintage Comfort






Come on over and join me on the front porch for our Monday visit! 

It is getting late. I almost need to turn on the porch light so we can see. For the past several days, all my shades have been closed and the blinds have been drawn. I have been sick in bed. My children have been running the house and taking care of me. I got up for a short time yesterday, but then really started feeling better this morning. I wasn't sure how long it would last. We did a few errands (Matthew - 17) did the driving.  On our way home from an appointment, I was watching out my window, looking at all the houses. I saw this one small white house with a front porch. It looked like an old farmhouse. It reminded me of my southern Grandmother's home. I imagined someone cooking in the kitchen, preparing for the family to come home. . . But the house was empty and forlorn. . . There were overgrown weeds in the yard. . .  The windows were bare.  There was no life stirring there. It was a house with no Mama.

I went home. All the children scattered. I looked around my house and wanted nothing more than to take it back. It had been out of my care for many days. First, I opened the windows, shades and curtains. Then I washed my counters so *I* knew they were sanitary. I organized and polished. I planned to work for just a little bit, until I got tired. But for some reason, I didn't get tired.  I listened to the old country gospel music, just like my southern Father always did. I was comforted and blessed by the words in each song. Peace had come into my heart.

I was able to make a nice supper. I set the table and laid everything out on the table before calling the children in. "Supper is ready!" I told them. They eagerly came to the table to enjoy a precious time they had missed out on for almost a week!

Everything is okay. We no longer have a house with no Mama.

Blesings,
Mrs. White

Old Fashioned Memories - Remembering Suppertime.

Precious Gospel Music - A Front Porch Visit.

 It is Evening Time for Mother!


Subscribe to The Legacy of Home


Share/Bookmark

10 comments:

Deanna said...

God Bless you! So glad you are feeling much better.

It is a walk of faith,
d

Cindy said...

Thanking the Lord that you are up and about again :)

Anonymous said...

Mrs. White, I'm so very happy you are back to tending your home and family and are feeling better. I have missed your posts. Hope you continue to feel great.
God bless, Kathy in Illinois

M at Hidden Valley Simplicity said...

So glad you're feeling better and your house has a Mama again! :)

Taryn said...

And he touched her hand,...and she arose, and ministered unto them.(Matthew 8:15 KJV) -PTL

busymomof10 said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better and back at the helm of your home! I love your blog! :)

Linda said...

So glad you are better.You are in my prayers. I,too, always need to clean and reorganize after I've been ill, no matter how clean my family has kept things for me. Then I feel "back to Normal". Bless you, Mrs. White.

Beth West www.northernskyart.wordpress.com said...

I'm so glad that you're feeling better and that you reclaimed your home. What a blessing to have children who will watch over everything, you included :) when you are ill.

joyce said...

Glad you are feeling better. I wrote a get-well message when you first told us you were ill, but the post never showed up. Something may have gone wrong in the process. Anyway, I wanted you to know I've been thinking of you and hope you will soon be A-OK.

Beth E. said...

It's great to hear that you are feeling better. I know your kids were happy to have Mama back!

Related Posts with Thumbnails