- Keeping your family vehicle’s tires inflated to the recommended pounds per square inch (psi) will not only save on gas, but will provide a safer ride.
- It’s important to keep in mind that during the warm weather of summer, hot road surfaces can cause the pressure to increase in a tire. As a general rule, for every 10-degree rise in temperature, a tire’s pressure increases one psi.
- Invest in a quality tire gauge! Eyeballing tires to measure pressure can be misleading, as radial tires often look fine even if they are under-inflated.
-And by the way, be sure to rotate your tires on schedule. Since each tire performs different tasks (such as steering or front versus rear wheel drive), tires wear at different rates, and you’ll get more life out of the tires you bought this way.
~ ~ ~ ~
Now for the giveaway . . . How would you like to win an Official Goodwrench Baseball Cap and a Tire Tread Card that the technicians use? All you have to do is tell me which tip (from the above list) is most helpful.
For additional entries:
2. Become a Public Follower of my blog. Or let me know you are already a follower.
3. Subscribe to The Legacy of Home through Feedburner.
4. Write a post, linking to this giveaway, on your own Blog. (This is worth 3 entries. Please leave 3 separate comments.)
5. Tweet about this Giveaway.
6. Follow me on Twitter.
7. Post about this on
8. Choose to "Like" The Legacy of Home on Facebook.
*Please leave a separate comment for each entry.*
One random winner we be selected on Tuesday, August 31, 2010. (U.S. Entries only.) If I am unable to reach the winner within 48 hours, an alternate winner will be selected. Your entry is only valid if you include an email address for me to contact you. This product will ship directly from the company.
This contest is closed. The winner is - busymomof10! Thanks so much to all who entered!
*Disclosure - Information and Giveaway items were provided by the Goodwrench Company.*
Subscribe to The Legacy of Home