Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Morning Tea and Visit

Lilac Mist I



I hope you are having a lovely morning! I have been tidying up my kitchen and thinking about my plans for the day. The last few days I have been ill and trying to rest. I have not been able to write much.

Last night, after a long day, I picked up Amy (15) from her dance class. While driving along, we talked about our supper plans. We were to have Fettuccine Alfredo with chicken and broccoli. I started to give out jobs for when we got home - John (13) would finish the last of the dishes, Amy was to start boiling water. I would help with the cleaning and the cooking. But Amy wouldn't let me. I was delighted when she said, "No, Mom. You are sick. You go right to bed when we get home. John and I will do everything." Such a good girl!

I have been feeling like a bit of a failure lately. Everything I want to do, or should do - I don't. I have thought about exercising all week, but never bothered. I wanted to avoid eating junk food or drinking soda, and even though I know it is terrible for me, I do it anyway. I did not read my Bible at all yesterday, nor did I do our Family worship. I seriously have to work on self-discipline, self-denial and self-sacrifice. All things concerning "me" that I'd rather not do. (smiles) I will have to try harder.

I am just about ready to have my morning tea. I would love to have a little toast and honey with it, but I don't think I can eat yet. Perhaps I will lay down for bit before really starting my day.

In a little while, I will have the children pick some flowers from the yard. We will put them in a pretty vase on the center of the table.  The children will do their schoolwork. We will read some books and enjoy a peaceful afternoon. I know this will help make home more pleasant.

I can hear the sound of gospel music playing in the background - Precious Memories. Most everyone is still asleep. All is calm and quiet.  As soon as I feel better, I will walk the grounds of our property and I will pray. If only I could really comprehend that life is not about me. If only I could just focus on heavenly things and not be pulled in by the excitement of activities and the world around me.


Blessings,
Mrs. White

How a Godly Mother May Guide an Imperfect Family.

Very Precious -Mama's Songs. 

Mothers are Heroes in Trials and Laughter.


Subscribe to The Legacy of Home


Share/Bookmark

8 comments:

Merit Kirkpatrick said...

Good Morning Mss White - I am praying for you. I hope you feel well again soon :)

Taryn said...

Precious Memories- Alan Jackson(?)- his wife wrote a book I want to read-It's All About Him- meaning our Lord Jesus. It's about how their marriage survived a serious attack publicly- if I remember correctly. - Taryn

Beth West www.northernskyart.wordpress.com said...

I'm sorry you've been having a rough time. Being sick can certainly bring on feelings of inadequacy. Treat yourself gently please until you have recovered, then you can take yourself in hand. Feel better soon.

The Momma Chronicles said...

He cares for the ewes in their season. I can't remember the reference, but it's a verse that soothes my heart at times. Please don't be TOO hard on yourself. I would say you know you best, but when your children tell you to lay down and let them do the work? They are following *someone's* example. I would venture a guess and say it's yours.

Praying for you!
Dellaina

Far Above Rubies said...

I'm sorry to find you not feeling well. May God's peace rest on you.

Jehovah Rapha is the Lord that heals and we will pray for complete shalom in your body and spirit.

In Him,

Jasmine

Dee said...

Praying for you right now!

Taryn said...

3John 2(KJV)

Annie Kate said...

I hope you soon feel better in all respects!

Annie Kate