Monday, August 30, 2010

News from Home - Monday's Front Porch Visit

Vintage Comfort






Come on over and join me on the front porch for our Monday visit! 

I read an inspiring post over the weekend. Michelle at She Looketh Well, has read the entire Bible in 39 days! This did not make  me want to read the Bible that quickly, but to read much more than I have been lately. Since I have been so ill, I have not done much of anything. I plan to get back to many of my old routines today.

Nicole (20) is all settled back at college and doing well. She had been coming home a few days to visit us all summer so this is going to be an adjustment! (She was spending the summer with her sister in the city.) She is happy and calling with news. We will see her during her school break within the next month or two.

The children have been doing their schoolwork each morning. John (13) works very quickly and efficiently and is doing well. Amy has always been able to do her work fast!  I am trying to think of some creative art projects for them to do this year.

I have stopped drinking tea! I have a cup of hot chocolate each day instead. It has been a nice treat! The days are still a little warm, but it gets very cool here and makes me want to buy coats and gloves and hats because winter will arrive very soon!

I have a few things to do today, and then I am going to relax and read for the afternoon.  I want to listen to a sermon while I clean my kitchen today. I'll have to look through my collection to find something special. I will probably listen to Dr. R.B. Ouellette or Dr. Clyde Box (Through Sword of the Lord), or perhaps I will listen to "Virtuous Mothers" by Charity Gospel Tape ministry? I have lots of CDs from a variety of good preachers to choose from.

I hope you have a wonderful day at home!

blessings,
Mrs. White

Cleaning your Lovely Home - An Index of Featured Articles.

Precious Old Country Song - Will the  Circle Be Unbroken by Roy Acuff.

My Goals for the New Year - A Year of Godliness.

Subscribe to The Legacy of Home


Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

I hope you're feeling fantastic again soon. I'm following you back. Hope you'll come back again soon.

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

busymomof10 said...

I enjoy visiting you on your front porch!

Getting ready for Autumn/winter is the last thing on my mind! It is still quite hot here -- highs in the 90s every day and high humidity and we are headed to the beach! :)

I wanted to let you know that I received my book today! THANK YOU! I am so excited that it arrived before my beach trip, when hopefully I will have more time for reading! :) I am looking forward to it!

Taryn said...

I recently stopped drinking tea also- 2 reasons: I am the only one in the house who drinks it and I heard a sermon/report on it on kingdombaptist.org. I would like to eventually give up my one cup of morning coffee. I do stop at McDonald's after church for coffee- the only thing I buy there. I never put sugar or anything in my coffee/tea. Hot chocolate sounds good-less caffeine than both of them- I think.

Inspired Gal {Scrapbooking} said...

Thank you for inspiring me today! I missed bible study last week and although I seem so tired lately with running the kids around, homework, etc., I need to make Wednesday night bible study a priority.

Get to feeling better soon.

Inspired Scrapbooking Gal
www.theinspiredretreat.blogspot.com

Tami said...

i so enjoy reading your blog :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails