Wednesday, September 1, 2010

House Account (Month Four)



House Account Monthly is a Meme for Prudent Homemakers, which I host on the first of each month. Find out more about it and then come back to read my check-in.

- Did you record all your spending this month?

YES.

- What are your goals for keeping a ledger? 

I want a permanent record of our family's spending. I also want my children to learn how to manage money.



- (Optional) How are your children doing with this? Any cute sayings from them, or progress in their financial education? 

John (13) is still doing all the bookkeeping for me. He is doing a wonderful job! I am starting to think he may very well have potential for a career in accounting!

- Any helpful resources you've found? (such as a website, link to an article, or book)


Frugal Dad wrote about having a "minimalist" life. The idea is to get rid of items we don't need and live simpler. He has a plan to start getting rid of things over time. He has some great suggestions!

This got me thinking about all the possessions in my own home. I hang onto things assuming I will need them later. But I'd much rather start the process of decluttering. 

Christian Frugal Mama has a great idea for this in her new Keeping the Home Series. She talks about being a good steward of what we already have.  This includes organizing and decluttering.

I came across a lovely post with beautiful pictures of what looks like a simple, uncluttered room. In Ruffles and Stuff - the author shows her newly redecorated bedroom. It is full of old furniture, carefully selected items and simple decorations. It is inspiring!



- Were you able to put aside some savings this month? 

Yes. Just a small amount.

- Comments or Thoughts?

This is obviously going to be an ongoing process. I love the check-in aspect because it forces me to come up with new ideas and to keep trying!


- How About You?

Are you keeping track of your finances in an old fashioned ledger book? I'd love to see how you did last month. Please share your link in the comments section.

Blessings,
Mrs. White

Subscribe to The Legacy of Home

Share/Bookmark



1 comments:

maria said...

Dear Mrs. White,

I would like to join on this house account monthly.

My goals are simple...control the little that comes in.

This it! But I find myself so short most of the time...

Keeping track of everything will be so beneficial.

Thank you.

M.

Related Posts with Thumbnails