Thursday, September 2, 2010

Joy Comes in the Morning

Grandmother


I feel so much better today. I am cheerful and happy and at peace. Last night, I read 8 chaptes in the Bible before I went to sleep. It was comforting. I will read some more in a little while.

I cleaned my kitchen, polished my stove, scrubbed my counters and tidied my living room. John scrubbed the inside of the fridge to help me prepare our kitchen for some groceries we will buy later today. There is something special about walking into a clean home with fresh food to put away. It makes the day more pleasant.

Just a few minutes ago, I sat at the table and wrote a letter to Rachel (my oldest at 22). She lives in the city. I talk to her on the phone every day, but just started writing her old fashioned letters as well. She said she will write me back! I know it will be precious for her to get  letters from her Mommy.

John and I took a short walk today. The cool wind is blowing and the warm sun makes it a beautiful day outdoors! I love looking at our property (estate) as I walk by. I am so grateful to live here!

I am not sure what we will have for lunch today. We will just wait and see what treasures I find at the market and then decide.

Hope you have a happy day!

blessings,
Mrs. White

A Cozy Day - A Quiet Life at Home

A Happy Day - Resting in our Vermont Home.

If only I could always remember to do this - Sweet Morning Devotions.

Subscribe to The Legacy of Home


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Blessings to you this fine September day!
d

Cindy Ellison said...

Enjoyed reading that you read eight chapers of the Bible before bedtime. An old fashioned letter is so special, your daughter will treasure your letter. I am still a writer of old fashioned letters. I know how happy I am on the almost rare occasion when I receive one.

Have a restful and peaceful night.

Cindy

Related Posts with Thumbnails