Monday, September 20, 2010

Loving Home - Monday's Front Porch Visit

Waterside Porch



Come on over and join me on the front porch for our Monday visit! 

Last Monday, we did not have our visit. I was being anti-social. (smiles) I was just too tired to sit on the porch. Did you miss me?

Today will be a lovely day. I am going to listen to a sermon while I clean my house. I have a new one from John McArthur that I have been saving for a special day.  I know it will encourage and cheer me, while I do my household duties.

I had a great weekend. It was spiritually refreshing! Even though there were trials, I was blessed beyond measure. I sang hymns. I read some lovely, encouraging articles. I cleaned and made a nice home for my family.   Amy (15) made lasagna. I shared some with Nana. I also gave her and Grandpa some homemade chocolate chip muffins. 

Last night, I was thinking that Amy and I need to start sewing again. We had attempted a (self-inflicted) 60 day sewing challenge. We attempted to hand-sew (no machine) 60 aprons in 60 days. I gave up after a couple of weeks. It wore me out. We decided to still make the aprons, but take as much time as we needed. I will pull out our sewing box and fabric today and get some projects going. It is fun to sit and chat with her, while we both sew together.


I have a little grocery shopping to do this afternoon. My oldest daughter, Rachel,  (22) is coming home for a visit tomorrow.  I don't think she has been here since April, so it will be a wonderful visit! She asked me to make homemade pizza for lunch. I have to come up with a good idea for supper as well. I will have Amy bake a chocolate cake.

I love that Rachel thinks of home-cooked food when she thinks of her childhood home. She says,"Mom, will you make me homemade pizza?" I smile to myself, and say, "I will make anything you want!" 

I have been writing her letters to cheer her up. I love the letters she writes back to me.  While we do talk on the phone on a daily basis, the letters are such precious treasures.

I better get some housework started while the morning is still quiet and everyone is still sleeping. We will start our homeschool in a couple of hours. I want to be cheerful and ready to begin!

Have a wonderful day!

Blessings,
Mrs. White


Would you like to see a picture of my living room? - Sunday Evening Visit from my Vermont Home.

Nana and Grandpa live with us - Won't you come along for a visit - At Mother's House?

I want to always be this happy - The Homemaking Spirit.


Homeschooling - Books - Oxford - Reading Lists - and Swagbucks

Subscribe to The Legacy of Home


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

All American x5 said...

Stopping by from the blog walk.

Loved the front porch.

Looking forward to reading more as I am now following.

Have a great day.

ToKnowHim said...

It's good to be back. Really loved your post on the Duties of Parents. I'm going to have to get that book.

God bless!

Lisa C. from Heritage Homestead and Homeschool Academy

www.teachthemhisways.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails